Certified individual looking for college credit

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by =?Utf-8?B?VGltRmVubmVy?=, May 26, 2006.

  1. Hi everyone!

    I have obtained several certs and now am looking to go to college to get a
    Bachelors degree in Information Technology. I am having trouble finding any
    colleges that:
    1. Offer a course schedule for the working man
    2. Offer credits for certifications already passed

    I have the following certs:
    MCSE (2000 & 2003)
    MCSA: Messaging (Exchange 2003)
    Network+
    A+

    I just think it is a of waste of time going over the same (and in most
    cases, outdated) technical training courses in college after having already
    received several marked levels of training.

    Anyone got any suggestions? I am near Madison WI, and am not opposed to
    on-site or online training.

    Thanks in advance!

    =?Utf-8?B?VGltRmVubmVy?=, May 26, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VGltRmVubmVy?=

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On May 26, 2006 at 10:38am "TimFenner" blathered:

    > Hi everyone!
    >
    > I have obtained several certs and now am looking to go to college to get
    > a Bachelors degree in Information Technology. I am having trouble
    > finding any colleges that:
    > 1. Offer a course schedule for the working man
    > 2. Offer credits for certifications already passed

    Good luck.

    > I have the following certs:
    > MCSE (2000 & 2003)
    > MCSA: Messaging (Exchange 2003)
    > Network+
    > A+

    At least with those certs, it makes the classes easy.

    > I just think it is a of waste of time going over the same (and in most
    > cases, outdated) technical training courses in college after having
    > already received several marked levels of training.

    Getting a degree is never a waste of time, certs on the other hand...

    > Anyone got any suggestions? I am near Madison WI, and am not opposed to
    > on-site or online training.

    Just do it!

    > Thanks in advance!

    HTH HAND

    --
    The Diabolical TGP, MCNGP #100100
    mcngp.com is better than mcngp.co.uk with updates and a 99% uptime

    TechGeekPro, May 26, 2006