    Messages:
    1
    Hey, my name is steve i just graduated from high school and was wondering what would be the best certification route to go for someone who loves to troubleshoot both software and hardware i was thinking to start with MCSE but im not to sure.
    Steve1989, Aug 20, 2008

  2. Steve1989

    geetha

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Fetching inbetween rows from the table

    I have a question, I would like to know how to fetch, in between rows from the table. Say for example, I have 1000 records in my table named employee. I would like to fetch the records between 500 and 600. How can I do that?

    I read few forums and came to know that fetching top, bottom or middle rows from the table is meaningless unless we use orderby clause. Bcos there is no particular sequence available in the database.So if I use rownum pseudo column name to find top n bottom records using orderby clause.

    Can somebody help me out with the answer on how to fetch the middle few hundreds of records.

    Thanks.
    geetha, Aug 23, 2008