    qualified as MCP.

    since 70-315 expired what the equivalent to that now

    Thanks,
    radhika, Oct 2, 2009

  2. "radhika" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am an application developer and what exam should i consider for me to be
    > qualified as MCP.

    The one which covers the subject matter in which you have the most
    experience.

    I also depends on whether your a WEB application developer or a WIN
    application developer.

    > since 70-315 expired what the equivalent to that now

    The 70-315 is the WEB certification for .NET v1.1, so I included the WEB
    certification information,

    That would be either the

    MCTS: .NET Framework v2.0 Web Applications

    or the

    MCTS: .NET Framework v3.5, ASP.NET Applications

    Both certifications require the 70-536 examination, so that would be your
    starting point.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-536&locale=en-us

    The .NET 2.0 certification then requires exam 70-528
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-528&locale=en-us

    and the .NET 3.5 certification requires exam 70-562
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-562&locale=en-us

    but if you are actually a Windows Application developer, then you might want
    to consider the

    MCTS: .NET Framework v2.0 Windows Applications which requires the 70-526
    exam
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-526&locale=en-us

    or the
    MCTS: .NET Framework v3.5 Windows Forms Applications, which requires the
    70-505 exam
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-505&locale=en-us

    Regardless of whether it's WEB or WINDOWS .. you still need the 70-536 in
    all pathways.

    --

    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Oct 2, 2009