    not more so, right now. Opinions?

    Anthony

    , Apr 25, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    says...
    > So my question is this: in your honest opinion, is the MCSE back to a
    > perceived value where it's worth pursuing again? Right now, I'm also
    > studying for Linux certification but I think an MCSE is as valuable, if
    > not more so, right now. Opinions?

    I'll tell you this much. I've got 12 years of experience managing
    networks with some pretty big accomplishments under my belt. But I can't
    get a job because I don't have an MCSE. They are even giving standard
    Network Technician jobs to MCSE's because so many people have them. If
    you have the time and opportunity to get an MCSE then do it! Don't get
    stuck like me.

    Grant Robertson, Apr 26, 2005

  3. Syncme Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hello Everyone,
    >
    > Many moons ago, when Windows NT 4.0 ruled the land, I held an MCSE.
    > Since then, while I've kept up with the changes in technology and the
    > OS, I've done absolutely no training on 2000, XP, or 2003. I didn't
    > pursue an MCSE in these technologies mainly because I thought the
    > perceived value of the certification was getting very low.
    >
    > Then, when Microsoft revamped the 2000 test, they said they wanted to
    > restore the previous value of the certification and made the test a bit
    > more difficult. I'm assuming that remains true for the XP and 2003
    > tests as well.
    >
    > So my question is this: in your honest opinion, is the MCSE back to a
    > perceived value where it's worth pursuing again? Right now, I'm also
    > studying for Linux certification but I think an MCSE is as valuable, if
    > not more so, right now. Opinions?
    >
    > Anthony

    I just did my MCSE 2003 (with 12 years experience also) and if not just for
    the certificate, who knows, there can be a little something extra new you
    learn (hopefully).

    I've kept up with the 2000/2003/up also but there where some little things
    that I wasn't aware of until I started reading.

    In my opinion if you can learn something it's worth it and the certificate
    still holds value in the job market..

    Syncme, Apr 27, 2005
  4. I have ~12 to 13 years in the IT arena, working in various capacities. Most
    of the interviews I have been on ask about the MCSE and MCSA. Generally the
    recruiters just want to see that someone has one...the managers want the
    experience and they want to see that someone can set a goal and reach it.

    Cheers,

    Bob

    Bob Christian, May 2, 2005