    Unix
    Project Managment

    What type of Certification I need to obtain to get back into the job market?
    Jeffery, Jun 15, 2004

  2. Jeffery

    Anonymous Guest

    Hi Jeffrey,

    Here you go...

    http://tinyurl.com/3hfwo

    14 years in

    Anonymous, Jun 16, 2004

  3. Jeffery

    Jeffery Guest

    Do you have a Certification

    Jeffery, Jun 16, 2004
  4. I would start by looking at the MCSA and then move on towards the MCSE, it
    would also be good to look at CompTia Network+ and maybe Security+ also.

    --
    Mark Fugatt
    Exchange MVP

    Mark Fugatt [MVP], Jun 16, 2004
  5. Jeffery

    Jeffery Guest

    Thank you very much

    Jeffery, Jun 16, 2004
  6. Hi Jeffery,

    If you want to focus on designing or administering system at the server level, go for MCSA and ultimately MCSE.

    If you want to focus solely on networking, then go for Cisco certifications starting at CCNA then to CCNP and ultimately to CCIE.

    If you are planning to move into programming, .net is the best bet at the moment and you should look to MCAD and ultimately MCSD.

    If you are not sure, then try CompTIA Network+ for networking or Server+ for managing system at server level.

    You should start working at one of the groups stated above before thinking of specializing in area like security etc...

    Hope this info helps.

    Bobby

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iYnk=?=, Jun 17, 2004
  7. Jeffery