    whatever your certification is, degree is the first thing companies
    considers.
    Is that true?

    msnews.microsoft.com, Apr 22, 2004

  2. msnews.microsoft.com

    Franco Figun Guest

    Yes.....dependes if you are a deegre but you don't have experience...the
    certification give you experience and espcecialization....

    --
    FF
    www.francofigun.com.ar

    Franco Figun, Apr 22, 2004

  3. msnews.microsoft.com

    John Nelson Guest

    The degree is absolutely important! Any self-respecting
    company should REQUIRE both.

    John Nelson, Apr 22, 2004
  4. msnews.microsoft.com

    Schfooge Guest

    "Franco Figun" <> wrote in message
    > Yes.....dependes if you are a deegre but you don't have experience...the
    > certification give you experience and espcecialization....

    It would be nice if this were the case, but it's possible to get the
    certifications with with little or no experience - and many do.

    Schfooge, Apr 22, 2004
  5. msnews.microsoft.com

    Guest Guest

    Yes, there are companies (hack shacks) which places more value on a
    certification than a degree, but you would not want to work for them.

    Guest, Apr 22, 2004
  6. >Yes, there are companies (hack shacks) which places more value on a
    >certification than a degree, but you would not want to work for them.

    lol! Are there any of those companies left?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 22, 2004
  7. >It would be nice if this were the case, but it's possible to get the
    >certifications with with little or no experience - and many do.

    Agreed

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 22, 2004
  8. >The degree is absolutely important! Any self-respecting=20
    >company should REQUIRE both.

    A degree does not give one experience of what happens in the real
    world. As such, many companies don't give a stuff about a degree when
    looking to hire experienced people.

    Many so called 'recruitment companies' use education as filter because
    they simply don't understand the business of finding the right person
    for a particular role within any given company. For me I can't
    understand why companies use those 'recruitment companies' to find
    them employees - mad.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 22, 2004
  9. >Yes.....dependes if you are a deegre but you don't have experience...the
    >certification give you experience and espcecialization....

    Unfortunately that's rubbish. Anyone can pass these exams, and
    preparing for them does not give you real world experience.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 22, 2004
  10. >I heard somebody said Degree are more valuable than Certification. And,
    >whatever your certification is, degree is the first thing companies
    >considers.
    >Is that true?

    Nope, experience is (or should be) what they look for, period...

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 22, 2004
  11. msnews.microsoft.com

    Guest Guest

    They are the IT world's equivilent of hyena ...

    They are the IT world's equivilent of hyena; surviving by scavenging the
    remains of the big consulting firm's discarded projects.

    WKidd :-\

    Guest, Apr 23, 2004
  12. Re: They are the IT world's equivilent of hyena ...

    >They are the IT world's equivilent of hyena; surviving by scavenging the
    >remains of the big consulting firm's discarded projects.

    Well put.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 23, 2004