Certification to prove I at least know C#?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Lulu, Jan 25, 2006.

  1. Lulu

    Lulu Guest

    Jan 2006

    MCPD is replacing the MCAD certification. The MCAD did have exam 70-315
    (Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft Visual C#
    ..NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET) which would help me prove to
    prospective employers that I know the basics about C# Web-based
    development.

    So with the MCPD path - which exam is close to the old 70-315, which
    will then help prove I know some C# web-based development?

    Here is my background: I have VB 6.0 experience, but have not worked
    for the past 3 years. So I am jumping back into the employment pool, I
    decided to start learning C# and ASP.NET. But I think I need to prove
    via some sort of test that I have the basics of .NET development, but
    at least C# to begin with.

    I have gone to the Microsoft web site, but I need advice on the above
    specific 70-315 "replacement" test for the MCPD path. Plus some advice
    on where to go from here since the MCPD seems to almost be a reality in
    replacing MCAD (?)
    Lulu, Jan 25, 2006

  2. Lulu

    Lulu Guest

    Edit of my orig. post....

    I should have also mentioned that I do not have any Microsoft
    Certification.

    I have been scouring various postings, but cannot seem to figure out if
    I should start in on the MCAD right now? I am worried that it is all
    old technology, and everything I have been studying is based on .NET
    2.0.
    Lulu, Jan 25, 2006

  3. Lulu

    WSUS Guest

    > prove to prospective employers that I know the basics about C# Web-based
    development.

    Take the new .NET 2.0 exam ASAP. If you visit MCAD and MCSD group, Sondra
    Webber is posting FREE beta exam invitation for exam 547. 547 is one of the
    required exam for the MCPD on Web Development. To get that MCPD, you still
    need exam 528 and exam 536. Live version of exam 528 will be available very
    soon.

    DON'T take the exams too late, or else you will get mixed up with all those
    many many many braindump readers. Some of the braindump readers know
    nothing about programming. They get the certification just for their
    company to obtain Microsoft Certified Partner status. Some of the dump
    readers are real programmers, they read the dump just to save their time on
    the study. No matter who they are, the fact is that, you prove nothing if
    you pass the exams when the dumps are available.

    Read the exam preparation guides and make sure you know all the topics
    listed before you attempt the exam. Even for experienced programmers, you
    will find more than 50% of the topics tested are not related to your
    previous works.

    "Lulu" <>

    WSUS, Jan 29, 2006
  4. Lulu

    Lulu Guest

    So wondering if you are saying the equivalent to 70-315 is the 70-547?
    It sure seems like none of the test or combinations of the new test,
    will test you on the same stuff that is in 70-315.

    I really am taking the test as primarily motivation (currently not
    working) and as a studying goal. But in addition I think it would help
    me get a job because at least the employer would know I have a certain
    level of expertise. But maybe the 70-315 might be a better route,
    although not .NET 2.0 stuff is on the 70-315.

    I would like to take the beta test, but I really need to learn C# as I
    do not know it very well. I tried to see about registering for the beta
    test, but no way am I ready right now for the 70-547. I did find the
    Sandra post you were talking about, but then could not find the test
    mentioned on any of the sites that she points you to.

    Very confused, not sure how to proceed! Maybe I just need to take a
    course to prove to employers that I know the material and/or was taught
    in a structured manner? Although this is quite an expensive option (
    taking a course).
    Lulu, Jan 30, 2006
  5. Re: my last reply.... beta testing.

    So apparently there are various beta test out there. But I thought I read
    that you had to be invited to take the test, and you also need to have at
    least passed on test already? I did see a post by Sandra Webber where there
    are promo codes for some of beta test I am interested in, but as stated above
    I cannot seem to get to the right links to be able to register for the beta
    test.

    I assume also that the beta test is NOT something you do online, and you
    have to go into a testing center?
    =?Utf-8?B?THVsdQ==?=, Jan 30, 2006
  6. Lulu

    Lulu Guest

    So I did find that the exams on vue.com ( you need to look for 71-....
    which means the test is a beta version). But I thought to take the beta
    test that Microsoft has to invite you and there is a special invitation
    code vs a promo code (for vouchers)?
    Lulu, Jan 30, 2006
  7. Lulu

    Priya94

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    Hi,

    I need exam dumps 70-547.If you have could you please send it to my email.

    Thanks in advance,
    priya
    Priya94, Apr 4, 2008