    valid? I just assumed that these had lost validity for
    MCSE 2000 Certification long ago. Early Christmas
    present, I suppose...
    Don, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Don

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    I was happily strolling along my merry little way in
    microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, when I looked down and saw a little note
    from Don on Mon 22 Dec 2003 02:36:35p who wrote:

    > I recently finished my 5th test for MCSE 2000 and was
    > surprised to learn that I had earned an MCSE 2000
    > Certification without having to take the electives
    > because the NT 4.0 electives are apparently still valid
    > (although retired). The two electives are MS Proxy 2.0
    > and IEAK 5.0. Does anybody know how long these are
    > valid? I just assumed that these had lost validity for
    > MCSE 2000 Certification long ago. Early Christmas
    > present, I suppose...

    well, congrats and good for you. i haven't heard this happening before - so a
    double congrats from me to you.

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    MCSE, Security+
    Rowdy Yates, Dec 23, 2003

  3. From: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/requirements.asp

    The following elective exams still count toward the MCSE on Windows 2000
    certification but are no longer available. For more information about
    discontinued exams, see the Discontinuation of Exams page.

    a.. Exam 70-013: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft SNA Server 3.0
    a.. Exam 70-018: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Systems Management
    Server 1.2
    a.. Exam 70-026: System Administration for Microsoft SQL Server 6.5
    a.. Exam 70-027: Implementing a Database Design on Microsoft SQL Server 6.5
    a.. Exam 70-056: Implementing and Supporting Web Sites Using Microsoft Site
    Server 3.0
    a.. Exam 70-059: Internetworking with Microsoft TCP/IP on Microsoft Windows
    NT 4.0
    a.. Exam 70-076: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Exchange Server 5
    a.. Exam 70-078: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Proxy Server 1.0
    a.. Exam 70-079: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0
    by Using the Internet Explorer Administration Kit
    a.. Exam 70-080: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0
    by Using the Microsoft Internet Explorer Administration Kit
    a.. Exam 70-081: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5
    a.. Exam 70-085: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft SNA Server 4.0
    a.. Exam 70-087: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Internet Information
    Server 4.0
    a.. Exam 70-088: Implementing and Supporting Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0

    Don't You Wish, Dec 23, 2003
  4. Don

    Don Guest

    Thanks!!!