    Vittorio Pavesi
    ------------------------
    http://www.vittorio.tk
    Vittorio Pavesi, Mar 16, 2006

  2. You will need to complete two exams to update. One is a requirement, and the
    other is an upgrade exam in place of the 2 actual exams for non MCDBAs.

    So in summary, here is your path:

    a) MCTS: SQL Server 2005 (1 Required Exam)

    Exam 70–431: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - Implementation and Maintenance

    b) 1 Upgrade Exam

    Exam 70–447: UPGRADE: MCDBA Skills to MCITP Database Administrator by Using
    Microsoft SQL Server 2005

    Here is a chopped up description from Microsoft, in their words but I have
    summarized it:

    MCITP candidates must first complete the requirements for the MCTS: SQL
    Server 2005 certification (one exam). If you are a Microsoft Certified
    Database Administrator (MCDBA), you may upgrade to the MCITP: Database
    Administrator certification by taking one upgrade exam in place of the two
    required exams. MCDBAs must still obtain the MCTS: SQL Server 2005
    certification as a prerequisite.

    --
    AndyP,
    Sr. Database Administrator,