Certification info

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Mitch, Aug 30, 2004.

  1. Mitch

    Mitch Guest

    Hi All,

    I recently found information based out of the US, but I am unable to find
    Canadian information for certification and effects on salary.

    I dont want to know specific monetary numbers from anyone, but I am curious
    as to what kind of gains one can expect from achieving certification.
    What kind of jobs can one expect to get with an MCP (vb.NET)?

    ie-
    Non-certified to MCP (vb.NET)
    vs.
    MCP (vb.NET) to MCSD (vb.NET)
    etc...

    Also, I have some VB6 experience (I am greener then green :) if that
    explains my experience) but the certification track for VB6 has been
    retired, how hard will it be to switch to .NET? Again I have some VB6
    experience but not a whole lot... so will this make it easier?

    Sorry for all the questions, but I really need to make sure I am on the
    right path.
    Thanks in advance everyone!
    Mitch
    Mitch, Aug 30, 2004

  2. Mitch

    Guest Guest

    Certifications get you past HR, the real test is getting
    past the IT manager who will probably test you in the
    interview.

    Guest, Aug 30, 2004