    chosen the other. Is this possible?

    Thanks

    Tony

    Tony, Jun 18, 2004

  2. Tony

    Eric Guest

    Tony wrote:

    > Just a quick question. Is is possible to effectively get
    > the MCAD "twice" using both VB.NET and C#? I want to
    > learn both languages so that I won't be wondering in the
    > back of my mind all the time that maybe I should have
    > chosen the other. Is this possible?

    There's no point in this. The certification tests are NOT designed to
    test your knowledge of one specific language. They are mainly designed
    to test your ability to use the core areas (ASP.NET, Windows Forms, Web
    Services/Remoting).

    The only significance in the language is that they will show code
    samples in that language. But the test is NOT designed to show your
    mastery of the language itself.

    Anyone who can pass the 70-305 should be able to pass the 70-315
    without being an expert in C# (and vice-versa).

    Frankly, I've always thought MS made a mistake here. I think they
    should have a test on the language itself, and that should be required
    in addition to the core area tests. Sadly, some people can pass a cert
    test and NOT really be an expert in either language.

    Eric

    Eric, Jun 21, 2004