    -----

    RomoR
    RomoR, Jul 3, 2007

  2. RomoR

    John R Guest

    "RomoR" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    >I just want to know whether the certification relates to the designation
    >and vice versa.
    >
    > For example,
    >
    > MCSE - System Administrator

    In general...
    MCSE is System Engineer, that is design/plan/implement Enterprise networks
    MCSA is System Administrator, that is implement/manage/maintain Enterprise
    networks
    MCDST is Desktop Support Technician, that is Enterprise Helpdesk, tier 1,
    desktop and basic networking

    However, certifications alone do not prove that someone can do the job, they
    only prove that someone passed the tests. Experience proves that one can do
    the job. I don't think that certifications should be thought of as stepping
    stones to new careers, although in some circumstances they work out that
    way. I think certifications are more about validation of skills. They
    change the "I don't know" to "Let me find out". In my case, they certainly
    lead to proactively filling in some of some gaps that real-world experience
    never filled in. So now, I'm not afraid to make changes in AD Sites and
    Services because I now understand what it is and what it does. When things
    fail or log events, I now have a more robust toolbox to find out exactly
    what the issue is and how to resolve it. In short, certifications
    "compliment" experience.

    You can find out more about the intended audiences that Microsoft sees for
    each certification at http://www.microsoft.com/learning

    John R
    John R, Jul 3, 2007

  3. RomoR