Certification 101 Live Meeting

Discussion in 'MCTS' started by Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Nov 7, 2008.

  1. Because somebody needs to post this in the newsgroups....
    ====================================

    After many suggestions from you, and from our dear friend Trika, we are
    hosting another Certification 101 Live Meeting. This one will take place on
    Tuesday, November 18th and will hopefully be the start of a regular schedule
    of these Live Meetings.

    Audience: IT Professionals, developers who think they might like to get
    certified, but aren't sure it's right for them and/or aren't sure where to
    start. People who have never taken a Microsoft exam and work with Microsoft
    products, or people who will be working with Microsoft in the very near
    future.

    Registration: Join folks from the Microsoft Certified Professional team
    (including ME) to learn about the benefits and process of getting certified:
    choosing a certification path, preparing for your first exam, taking an
    exam, and what to expect after that. Click to register for:

    .. November 18, 2008 at 7:30 A.M. Pacific Time
    http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032394770&Culture=en-US)
    (What time is this in my region?)

    .. November 18, 2008 at 5:30 P.M. Pacific Time
    http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032394771&Culture=en-US
    (What time is this in my region?)

    Here's what we'll talk about.
    .. what a technical certification can do for you--what is the goal?
    .. how to choose a certification track that will help you meet your goals -
    career or otherwise
    .. how do you know when you're ready (expected experience level, time/money
    involved, etc)
    .. preparation options (what you need to know, how to learn it)
    .. the testing experience (registering, during the test, what happens when
    you're done)

    Our hope is to make this less intimidating for new people.
    Please send the links around if you have co-workers or user groups who might
    find this helpful.

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Nov 7, 2008

  2. I need to clarify here that I am not the original author of this note and I
    have no association with the Microsoft certification team. The information
    is from Dana via the "Born to Learn" blog, and the full, original article
    can be viewed here:

    http://blogs.technet.com/mslcommuni...ing-started-with-microsoft-certification.aspx

    Lawrence Garvin \(MVP\), Nov 8, 2008