    stryder Guest

    I'm trying to get a certificate so I can create an HTTPS site. Does anyone have any ideas of how I go about doing this or where to go to get one? Do you have to pay for a certificate

    Thanks

    stryder, Jun 2, 2004

  2. stryder

    Grog in Ohio Guest

    http://www.betrusted.com/products/omniroot/sslshop.asp

    $349 1st year... $249 renewals.

    Grog

    Grog in Ohio, Jun 2, 2004

  3. stryder

    Brian Guest

    "stryder" <> wrote
    > I'm trying to get a certificate so I can create an HTTPS site.

    Replies waiting in the MCSE group. Please don't crosspost.

    Brian, Jun 3, 2004
  4. stryder

    Martin X Guest

    Windows Certificate Services

    Windows Server has built-in certificate services. The only
    issue with this is that the users will get prompted when
    they visit your site, if you issue your own certificates.
    They would need to install your CA's certificate in the
    certificate trust to prevent the prompt. There are tons of
    MS articles on how to create, set up and use certificate
    services. Also check the help system.

    If you are really new to this, then just go buy a
    certificate. Thawte has some online support chat that I've
    used before and they were helpful. Even if you don't buy
    anything, you can ask them questions.

    Martin X, Jun 5, 2004