    yukon,
    do you think I should wait ?? Do they plan to soon change the cert ?

    Franck
    Franck, Nov 17, 2003

  2. Franck

    Kline Sphere Guest

    > Do they plan to soon change the cert ?

    One day young man.
    Kline Sphere, Nov 17, 2003

  3. Franck

    Franck Guest

    Thanks for the answer ;-)

    Franck, Nov 17, 2003
  4. Franck wrote:

    > I plan to study for my certification MCSD, but with longhorn, whidbey,
    > yukon,
    > do you think I should wait ?? Do they plan to soon change the cert ?

    Longhorn will just add a few APIs on top.
    Whidbey is an IDE, not an SDK, right?
    Yukon will probably require an exam to replace 70-229, but that wouldn't
    invalidate the certification.
    General Protection Fault, Nov 17, 2003
  5. Franck

    someone Guest

    Don't wait. Go for it.

    Depending on how fast you take the exams, you might wait for the elective
    (e.g. if you plan to take 70-229). When is Yukon scheduled to be released?
    Actually I wonder if Yukon will be significately different, so as to make
    70-229 obsolete... probably not. So don't wait.

    someone, Nov 17, 2003
  6. Franck

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Yukon will probably require an exam to replace 70-229, but that wouldn't
    >invalidate the certification.

    .... and won't be out for at least six months after the release of the
    product.
    Kline Sphere, Nov 17, 2003
  7. someone wrote:
    > Don't wait. Go for it.
    >
    > Depending on how fast you take the exams, you might wait for the elective
    > (e.g. if you plan to take 70-229). When is Yukon scheduled to be released?
    > Actually I wonder if Yukon will be significately different, so as to make
    > 70-229 obsolete... probably not. So don't wait.

    Microsoft says Longhorn is coming in 2006, critics say 2007. Yukon I
    think will come out in 2005. Longhorn will use WinFS (storing files in
    the DB) but that technology is ready now.
    General Protection Fault, Nov 18, 2003
  8. Whidbey changes things, but the core is pretty similar (some new data
    features, personalization, membership and security, et al), but many of the
    changes are drag and drop and unlikely to change the test much. Yukon is a
    phenomenal change. Longhorn is still too far out to be of any interest and
    will not impact the types of exams currently offered.

    I would not wait for the .NET exams, as I do not see Microsoft invalidating
    them any time soon. Of course, this is a gamble, as MS does what it wants.
    You might save the SQL elective until last, depending on how long it takes
    you to cert, as Yukon changes everything. You will not see Yukon until late
    next year, if I am guessing correctly.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Nov 18, 2003
  9. Franck

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Yukon is a
    >phenomenal change.

    That it is. I wonder though how many of the new features will be
    tested in any forthcoming exam?
    Kline Sphere, Nov 18, 2003
  10. Franck

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >Actually I wonder if Yukon will be significately different,

    Integration of the clr makes it significant enough.
    Kline Sphere, Nov 18, 2003
  11. Few API's on top?

    I don't think so...

    Let's talk again when it ships.

    --

    Guilherme Magalhaes -
    MCSD - MCSD for .NET - MCAD - MCDBA - MCT

    "General Protection Fault" <> wrote
    in message news:...

    Guilherme Magalhaes, Nov 19, 2003
  12. Franck

    jjones Guest

    I would wait. Tell your friends to wait too. I am
    enjoying the exclusivity.

    Thanks!

    jjones, Nov 27, 2003
  13. Ahah dude, you are the man.