Cert Rant for MCSE 2K3 Upgrades

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Rowdy Yates, Apr 2, 2004.

  1. Rowdy Yates

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    <rant>

    On a serious note...

    So I am studying for my 70-296. (yes, i am trying to be productive and goofy
    at the same time. work's okay)

    I am using selftest software. There is clustering in the prep questions.
    It's also in the "Skills Being Measured" section:

    I looked through my upgrading skills 2000 to 2003 for MCSE/2210 workboot
    text. noting on it.

    I don't have the MCSA workbook, but I am pretty sure that it wasn't covered.

    I know i took the courses very early in the game, but still....

    My company paid full price for those courses and workbooks. They should have
    covered all the objectives. :-(

    </rant>

    Rowdy Yates
    --
    "the man who tried and failed miserably"
    Rowdy Yates, Apr 2, 2004

  2. I'm not taking any more microsoft exams, however the topics -

    Plan a high availability solution that uses clustering services.
    Plan a high availability solution that uses Network Load Balancing.

    - to me seem fundamental to the what the real world is all about. So,
    you have a case.

    On Fri, 02 Apr 2004 13:03:06 -0800, Rowdy Yates
    <> wrote:

    ><rant>
    >
    >On a serious note...
    >
    >So I am studying for my 70-296. (yes, i am trying to be productive and goofy
    >at the same time. work's okay)
    >
    >I am using selftest software. There is clustering in the prep questions.
    >It's also in the "Skills Being Measured" section:
    >http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-296.asp
    >
    >I looked through my upgrading skills 2000 to 2003 for MCSE/2210 workboot
    >text. noting on it.
    >
    >I don't have the MCSA workbook, but I am pretty sure that it wasn't covered.
    >
    >I know i took the courses very early in the game, but still....
    >
    >My company paid full price for those courses and workbooks. They should have
    >covered all the objectives. :-(
    >
    ></rant>
    >

    >Rowdy Yates

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 2, 2004

  3. Rowdy Yates

    Neil Guest

    Rowdy Yates <> wrote in

    > <rant>

    snip

    > I looked through my upgrading skills 2000 to 2003 for MCSE/2210
    > workboot text. noting on it.

    2210 sucks. I know this because I have sat the class/taught the course. I
    don't like the workshop courses. (my $0.02) and no, no clustering.

    > I don't have the MCSA workbook, but I am pretty sure that it wasn't
    > covered.

    Nope not in 2209 either. If you want to sit a class on clustering they
    are separate (and rarely given) courses. The extra hardware makes them
    pricey.

    > I know i took the courses very early in the game, but still....

    If you want to learn it, buy some gear, pally. External SCSI (ptoey)
    drive that can be shared by both systems and 2 computers is what you’ll
    need. And dig out the Win2k3 help files. There are also some good
    resources on the web

    > My company paid full price for those courses and workbooks. They
    > should have covered all the objectives. :-(

    snipage

    you’re kidding right? Page 10 Module 1 of 2210 states:

    "MOC and MSDN Training can help you develop the skills that you need to
    do your job. They also complement the experience that you gain while
    working with Microsoft products and technologies. However, no one-to-one
    correlation exists between MOC and MSDN Training courses or workshops and
    MCP exams"

    If you are looking for short cuts, Wongh and Kellyme are waiting for you
    over there --------------------->

    Rowdy you should know better....

    --
    Neil
    Neil, Apr 2, 2004
  4. >2210 sucks. I know this because I have sat the class/taught the course. I
    >don't like the workshop courses. (my $0.02) and no, no clustering.

    .... mad. Does the courses explain how to insert a floppy disk and
    press any key, you know, real world like that!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 4, 2004
  5. Rowdy Yates

    Neil Guest

    >>2210 sucks. I know this because I have sat the class/taught the
    >>course. I don't like the workshop courses. (my $0.02) and no, no
    >>clustering.

    > ... mad. Does the courses explain how to insert a floppy disk and
    > press any key, you know, real world like that!
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    no, of course not. that's why the trainer is there...

    :)

    --
    Neil
    Neil, Apr 4, 2004
  6. >no, of course not. that's why the trainer is there...

    I see!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Apr 4, 2004