Cert Exams - Core and Elective on different tracks?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Martin Schmid, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. I've passed
    70-215 MCSE core / MCDBA core
    70-216 MCSE core / MCDBA elective
    70-217 MCSE core
    70-221 MCSE core
    70-228 MCSE elective / MCDBA core

    I plan on taking next:
    70-229 MCSE elective / MCDBA core / MCSD elective
    70-270 MCSE core

    My question is this: Will this make me an MCSE or an MCDBA or BOTH? Does
    Microsoft allow the elective exams for MCSE and MCDBA to overlap?

    Subsequently, I plan on taking:
    70-315 MCSD core
    70-316 MCSD core
    70-320 MCSD core
    70-300 MCSD core

    Can I count 70-229 as core for MCDBA, and elective for MCSE AND MCSD, thus
    obtaining MCSE, MCDBA, and MCSD after 11 exams?

    Thanks,
    MS

    Martin Schmid, Jul 11, 2003

  2. Martin Schmid

    Danny Guest

    Yes.

    Once you pass 70-229, you are MCDBA.
    Also, you can count 70-229 as the elective exam for MCSD.NET.

    Danny, Jul 12, 2003