    there laptops

    just a moan annoys me thats all

    just me?
    pragi, Sep 23, 2005

  2. pragi

    tony d Guest

    "pragi" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > hum,
    >
    > am i the onlyone who noticed that on the new currys or actuly might be
    > dixons advert they mention that centrino laptops will get you a
    > wireless internet connection where ever you are what they fail to
    > mention is that you have to be within 30m of a wireless router i looked
    > at the bottom of the screen to see if it explaied this at all but no...
    > this is very miss leading the amount of people that ask me about this
    > amazing wireless internet connction you can get anywhere it dose not
    > exsist ....
    >
    > the only truely wireless internet is with mobile phone cards this is
    > expensive and i am sure currys/dixons dont provide these cards whith
    > there laptops
    >
    > just a moan annoys me thats all
    >
    > just me?

    You are not alone. Yip, it's a moan, but with good reason. My sister had
    ordered one and believed it would just pick the internet "out of the air."
    She was annoyed when I explained to her!

    Tony
    tony d, Sep 23, 2005

  3. pragi

    Guest

    > > the only truely wireless internet is with mobile phone cards this is
    > > expensive and i am sure currys/dixons dont provide these cards whith
    > > there laptops
    > >
    > > just a moan annoys me thats all
    > >
    > > just me?

    As a local independent computer shop, I would like to point out that
    late at night my bricks gets cold and all my windows frost over.
    This isn't helped at all by drunken bums going for a wee on my door and
    farting through the letterbox.

    Have any other buildings noticed this total lack of respect?
    , Sep 23, 2005