    networks, even though I am sat next to the WAP!

    The PC is new - with SP2 installed.
    Help!!

    =?Utf-8?B?cm9zYmlm?=, Sep 27, 2005

  2. "rosbif" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a problem with my centrino connection on my Asus W5a. It seems to
    > connect OK to WAPs, both at home and away in hotels etc, but then
    > disconnects
    > after about 45 mins. These are both WEP encrypted and unsecured networks.
    > Once disconnected it cannot be convinced to reconnect with rebooting - all
    > pretty much as described in KB828940. Often no network shows up in
    > available
    > networks, even though I am sat next to the WAP!
    >
    > The PC is new - with SP2 installed.
    > Help!!

    According to that article, the WAP sees the attempt to connect as an attack
    and immediately rules out your NIC, I assume by MAC address. It says
    disabling and re-enabling fixes it which isn't a great answer.

    However, you might try looking at the Properties of your NIC and see if it
    is set to allow the system to power it down if the system decides it isn't
    in use. If it is set to allow that, remove the tick.

    That isn't much help, sorry.

    Diamontina Cocktail, Sep 27, 2005

  3. Thanks for the reply - I have set the power management to not shut down -
    will see if it makes any difference.

    =?Utf-8?B?cm9zYmlm?=, Oct 2, 2005