    error message, and it is then not possible to send any emails from that
    account for a while. Possibly hotmail have locked the IP address.
    Does anyone know anything about this?

    Matty, Jan 25, 2005

  2. Matty

    froggy Guest

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:22:49 +1300, Matty wrote:

    > I've received an email from a friend that contained the word "bitch".
    > When he sent the email to me, a copy of the email was automatically sent
    >
    > I've done a few tests from a hotmail account with and without using the
    > offending word for a female dog, and it appears that once you use a word
    > that Microsoft considers is rude, the email is rejected with a spurious
    > error message, and it is then not possible to send any emails from that
    > account for a while. Possibly hotmail have locked the IP address.
    > Does anyone know anything about this?

    shall i write the obligatory son of bitch mother **** **** tera baaap
    (dont know what that one means but a few indians have called it to me when
    they werent being nice .. apparently when i said mada chod it means mother
    fucker ( word to the wise try these out _after_ you have received your
    order of butter chicken with poppadoms )

    froggy, Jan 25, 2005

  3. Matty

    Matty Guest

    froggy wrote:

    > On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:22:49 +1300, Matty wrote:
    >

    >>I've received an email from a friend that contained the word "bitch".
    >>When he sent the email to me, a copy of the email was automatically sent
    >>
    >>I've done a few tests from a hotmail account with and without using the
    >>offending word for a female dog, and it appears that once you use a word
    >>that Microsoft considers is rude, the email is rejected with a spurious
    >>error message, and it is then not possible to send any emails from that
    >>account for a while. Possibly hotmail have locked the IP address.
    >>Does anyone know anything about this?

    > shall i write the obligatory son of b*tch mother f*ck c*nt tera baaap
    > (dont know what that one means but a few indians have called it to me when
    > they werent being nice .. apparently when i said mada chod it means mother
    > f*cker ( word to the wise try these out _after_ you have received your
    > order of butter chicken with poppadoms )

    Eudora's word checker says that -
    These are spelt wrong:
    tera baaap dont indians werent mada chod poppadoms

    This is naughty:
    bitch

    These are very naughty
    f*ck c*nt mother f*cker

    (sorry for the pathetic censorship but just being careful)

    Matty, Jan 25, 2005
  4. Matty

    froggy Guest

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:53:20 +1300, Matty wrote:

    > froggy wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:22:49 +1300, Matty wrote:
    >>

    >>>I've received an email from a friend that contained the word "bitch".
    >>>When he sent the email to me, a copy of the email was automatically sent
    >>>
    >>>I've done a few tests from a hotmail account with and without using the
    >>>offending word for a female dog, and it appears that once you use a word
    >>>that Microsoft considers is rude, the email is rejected with a spurious
    >>>error message, and it is then not possible to send any emails from that
    >>>account for a while. Possibly hotmail have locked the IP address.
    >>>Does anyone know anything about this?

    >> shall i write the obligatory son of b*tch mother f*ck c*nt tera baaap
    >> (dont know what that one means but a few indians have called it to me when
    >> they werent being nice .. apparently when i said mada chod it means mother
    >> f*cker ( word to the wise try these out _after_ you have received your
    >> order of butter chicken with poppadoms )
    >>

    > Eudora's word checker says that -
    > These are spelt wrong:
    > tera baaap dont indians werent mada chod poppadoms
    >
    > This is naughty:
    > bitch
    >
    > These are very naughty
    > f*ck c*nt mother f*cker
    >
    > (sorry for the pathetic censorship but just being careful)

    LMFAO!
    thats some funny shit y'all (threw that one in for y'all peeps from tha
    bayou and them thar croc'diles)

    froggy, Jan 25, 2005
  5. Matty

    Axle Guest

    Matty wrote:
    > I've received an email from a friend that contained the word "bitch".
    > When he sent the email to me, a copy of the email was automatically sent
    >
    > I've done a few tests from a hotmail account with and without using the
    > offending word for a female dog, and it appears that once you use a word
    > that Microsoft considers is rude, the email is rejected with a spurious
    > error message, and it is then not possible to send any emails from that
    > account for a while. Possibly hotmail have locked the IP address.
    > Does anyone know anything about this?

    I've been getting popbitch mailed to my hotmail account for years with
    nothing like that happening.

    Axle, Jan 25, 2005
  6. "Matty" <> wrote in message
    > I've received an email from a friend that contained the word "bitch".
    > When he sent the email to me, a copy of the email was automatically sent
    >
    > I've done a few tests from a hotmail account with and without using the
    > offending word for a female dog, and it appears that once you use a word
    > that Microsoft considers is rude, the email is rejected with a spurious
    > error message, and it is then not possible to send any emails from that
    > account for a while. Possibly hotmail have locked the IP address.
    > Does anyone know anything about this?

    Hi Matty,
    I escalated this to our Hotmail people and the response I got back was that
    we do not have a policy of censoring incoming emails and we do not
    auto-forward any emails to . If you get in touch with me
    directly I'd be happy to research this further for you.

    Brett Roberts
    Microsoft NZ

    Brett Roberts, Jan 25, 2005
  7. "Brett Roberts" <> wrote in message
    > "Matty" <> wrote in message
    >> I've received an email from a friend that contained the word "bitch".
    >> When he sent the email to me, a copy of the email was automatically sent
    >>
    >> I've done a few tests from a hotmail account with and without using the
    >> offending word for a female dog, and it appears that once you use a word
    >> that Microsoft considers is rude, the email is rejected with a spurious
    >> error message, and it is then not possible to send any emails from that
    >> account for a while. Possibly hotmail have locked the IP address.
    >> Does anyone know anything about this?
    >>

    > Hi Matty,
    > I escalated this to our Hotmail people and the response I got back was
    > that we do not have a policy of censoring incoming emails and we do not
    > auto-forward any emails to . If you get in touch with me
    > directly I'd be happy to research this further for you.
    >
    > Brett Roberts
    > Microsoft NZ

    PS: I have just tried this myself and have been unable to reproduce the
    result you experienced.

    Brett Roberts, Jan 25, 2005
  8. Matty

    Matty Guest

    Brett Roberts wrote:
    > "Brett Roberts" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Matty" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I've received an email from a friend that contained the word "bitch".
    >>>When he sent the email to me, a copy of the email was automatically sent
    >>>
    >>>I've done a few tests from a hotmail account with and without using the
    >>>offending word for a female dog, and it appears that once you use a word
    >>>that Microsoft considers is rude, the email is rejected with a spurious
    >>>error message, and it is then not possible to send any emails from that
    >>>account for a while. Possibly hotmail have locked the IP address.
    >>>Does anyone know anything about this?
    >>>

    >>Hi Matty,
    >>I escalated this to our Hotmail people and the response I got back was
    >>that we do not have a policy of censoring incoming emails and we do not
    >>auto-forward any emails to . If you get in touch with me
    >>directly I'd be happy to research this further for you.
    >>
    >>Brett Roberts
    >>Microsoft NZ
    >>

    > PS: I have just tried this myself and have been unable to reproduce the
    > result you experienced.

    The problem only occurred with *outgoing* emails (from hotmail), not
    incoming emails (to anywhere).
    The problem is not occurring this morning, but yesterday I did very
    careful tests that showed that I could successfully send emails from a
    hotmail account until one contained the word "bitch" in it, and then all
    emails from that account were refused with a spurious error message
    ("MSN Hotmail does not recognize one or more of the addresses. They are
    either not in your contacts or they are incomplete").

    Now if your Hotmail people had responded as quickly to me as they did
    for you, this matter may never have reached a newsgroup.

    The Terms of Use conditions for Hotmail appear to allow them to do this
    kind of censorship, which is all well and good if it's spam that's being
    sent, but not good for private emails between people known to each other.

    Matty, Jan 26, 2005
  9. Matty wrote:
    > The Terms of Use conditions for Hotmail appear to allow them to do this
    > kind of censorship, which is all well and good if it's spam that's being
    > sent, but not good for private emails between people known to each other.

    well if it is in the terms and conditions saying about language, then
    shit man, you're out of luck... you would have had to agree to them
    bofore you got an account.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jan 26, 2005
  10. In article <>, "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote:
    >Matty wrote:
    >> The Terms of Use conditions for Hotmail appear to allow them to do this
    >> kind of censorship, which is all well and good if it's spam that's being
    >> sent, but not good for private emails between people known to each other.

    >well if it is in the terms and conditions saying about language, then
    >shit man, you're out of luck... you would have had to agree to them
    >bofore you got an account.

    ... and we all carefully read and agree to the terms and conditions ...
    don't we :)
    Nice version of censorship if true tho.

    Bruce

    (if there were any)

    Bruce Sinclair, Jan 26, 2005
  11. Matty

    Axle Guest

    Matty wrote:
    > Brett Roberts wrote:
    >
    >> "Brett Roberts" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> "Matty" <> wrote in message

    >>> Hi Matty,
    >>> I escalated this to our Hotmail people and the response I got back
    >>> was that we do not have a policy of censoring incoming emails and we
    >>> do not auto-forward any emails to . If you get in
    >>> touch with me directly I'd be happy to research this further for you.
    >>>
    >>> Brett Roberts
    >>> Microsoft NZ
    >>>

    >> PS: I have just tried this myself and have been unable to reproduce
    >> the result you experienced.

    > The problem only occurred with *outgoing* emails (from hotmail), not
    > incoming emails (to anywhere).
    > The problem is not occurring this morning, but yesterday I did very
    > careful tests that showed that I could successfully send emails from a
    > hotmail account until one contained the word "bitch" in it, and then all
    > emails from that account were refused with a spurious error message
    > ("MSN Hotmail does not recognize one or more of the addresses. They are
    > either not in your contacts or they are incomplete").
    >
    > Now if your Hotmail people had responded as quickly to me as they did
    > for you, this matter may never have reached a newsgroup.
    >
    > The Terms of Use conditions for Hotmail appear to allow them to do this
    > kind of censorship, which is all well and good if it's spam that's being
    > sent, but not good for private emails between people known to each other.

    I just sent
    "bitch piss shit **** **** cocksucker motherfucker and tits" from
    hotmail to my paradise account and copied back to my hotmail account
    several times.

    Your problem might be something other than the content

    Axle, Jan 26, 2005
  12. Matty

    Matty Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Matty wrote:
    >
    >> The Terms of Use conditions for Hotmail appear to allow them to do
    >> this kind of censorship, which is all well and good if it's spam
    >> that's being sent, but not good for private emails between people
    >> known to each other.

    > well if it is in the terms and conditions saying about language, then
    > shit man, you're out of luck... you would have had to agree to them
    > bofore you got an account.

    Sure. I think the relevant conditions have been added since the account
    was opened, but there would be another condition that allows changes in
    conditions.

    But Microsoft NZ have said they "do not have a policy of censoring
    incoming emails". Presumably that also means outgoing emails as well.
    It must have been a strange glitch yesterday that caused it.

    Matty, Jan 26, 2005
  13. Matty

    JohnO Guest

    "Axle" <> wrote in message

    <snip>

    > I just sent
    > "bitch piss shit **** **** cocksucker motherfucker and tits" from
    > hotmail to my paradise account and copied back to my hotmail account
    > several times.
    >
    > Your problem might be something other than the content

    I sent same from hotmail to my isp account and the message came through
    fine.

    JohnO, Jan 26, 2005
  14. Matty

    froggy Guest

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:51:10 +1300, Axle wrote:

    > JohnO wrote:
    >> "Axle" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >>>I just sent
    >>>"bitch piss shit **** **** cocksucker motherfucker and tits" from
    >>>hotmail to my paradise account and copied back to my hotmail account
    >>>several times.
    >>>
    >>>Your problem might be something other than the content

    >> I sent same from hotmail to my isp account and the message came through
    >> fine.
    >>

    > pottymouth!

    LOL! .. ps.. how is tits a 'bad' word?
    i saw two tits over the fence just this morning.. sitting on my neighbours
    chest
    nice wee things they were

    froggy, Jan 26, 2005
  15. Matty

    Axle Guest

    JohnO wrote:
    > "Axle" <> wrote in message
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >>I just sent
    >>"bitch piss shit **** **** cocksucker motherfucker and tits" from
    >>hotmail to my paradise account and copied back to my hotmail account
    >>several times.
    >>
    >>Your problem might be something other than the content

    > I sent same from hotmail to my isp account and the message came through
    > fine.

    pottymouth!

    Axle, Jan 26, 2005
  16. Matty

    Bret Guest

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:40:09 +1300, Axle <> wrote:

    >I just sent
    >"bitch piss shit **** **** cocksucker motherfucker and tits" from
    >hotmail to my paradise account and copied back to my hotmail account
    >several times.

    Probably thought you were Bill Gates :)

    Bret, Jan 26, 2005
  17. Matty

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:40:09 +1300, Axle wrote:

    > I just sent
    > "bitch piss shit **** **** cocksucker motherfucker and tits" from
    > hotmail to my paradise account and copied back to my hotmail account
    > several times.
    >
    > Your problem might be something other than the content

    Or your message may have failed to alert the filter process.

    Try something along the lines of Hi Karen, I have given your problem a
    great deal of consideration and Donna, the bitch, is in a very state of
    health.

    Try to reproduce the experiement as close as possible is a good idea.

    Gordon, Jan 26, 2005
  18. Matty

    Axle Guest

    froggy wrote:
    > On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:51:10 +1300, Axle wrote:
    >

    >>JohnO wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Axle" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>><snip>

    >>>I sent same from hotmail to my isp account and the message came through
    >>>fine.
    >>>

    >>pottymouth!

    > LOL! .. ps.. how is tits a 'bad' word?
    > i saw two tits over the fence just this morning.. sitting on my neighbours
    > chest
    > nice wee things they were

    Its from a famous George Carlin comedy monologue "seven dirty words"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_dirty_words

    George Carlin's "Seven Dirty Words" monologue earned a place in
    communications history with FCC v. Pacifica in 1978.

    Axle, Jan 26, 2005
  19. Matty

    Axle Guest

    Matty wrote:
    > Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:40:09 +1300, Axle wrote:
    >>

    >>> I just sent

    > (censored!)

    LOL

    Axle, Jan 26, 2005
  20. Matty

    Matty Guest

    Gordon wrote:

    > On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:40:09 +1300, Axle wrote:
    >

    >>I just sent

    (censored!)
    >>hotmail to my paradise account and copied back to my hotmail account
    >>several times.
    >>
    >>Your problem might be something other than the content

    > Or your message may have failed to alert the filter process.
    >
    > Try something along the lines of Hi Karen, I have given your problem a
    > great deal of consideration and Donna, the bitch, is in a very state of
    > health.
    >
    > Try to reproduce the experiement as close as possible is a good idea.

    As I've already said, I've tested it again and the problem no longer
    occurs. But there was certainly a problem yesterday.

    Matty, Jan 26, 2005