    device or method was available.
    I also have no doubt that sooner or later such equipment
    will become available if not now.
    pinchee, Jun 25, 2006

  2. pinchee

    Guest

    "pinchee" <> wrote:

    |>Win XP Pro
    |>
    |>Is there such a device that can transfer a cell phone call to
    |>a land line based telephone receiver.
    |>I have my doubts - this would be disastrous to landline
    |>telephone providers- but was just wondering if such a
    |>device or method was available.
    |>I also have no doubt that sooner or later such equipment
    |>will become available if not now.

    Don't think I misread this one, and get to post the link now :)

    You mean VoIP over a dialup instead of a computer?
    http://www.techweb.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=189500404&cid=RSSfeed_TechWeb
    http://tinyurl.com/pmga8

    "callers can connect over dialup or broadband links to callers on PCs,
    regular landlines, or cell phones. Users aren't required to have a PC
    to use the service."

    --
    One of Criss Angel's freakiest Illusions
    http://tinyurl.com/ocyby

  3. pinchee

    Toolman Tim Guest

    wrote:
    > "pinchee" <> wrote:
    >
    >>> Win XP Pro
    >>>
    >>> Is there such a device that can transfer a cell phone call to
    >>> a land line based telephone receiver.
    >>> I have my doubts - this would be disastrous to landline
    >>> telephone providers- but was just wondering if such a
    >>> device or method was available.
    >>> I also have no doubt that sooner or later such equipment
    >>> will become available if not now.

    > Don't think I misread this one, and get to post the link now :)
    >
    > You mean VoIP over a dialup instead of a computer?
    > http://www.techweb.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=189500404&cid=RSSfeed_TechWeb
    > http://tinyurl.com/pmga8
    >
    > "callers can connect over dialup or broadband links to callers on PCs,
    > regular landlines, or cell phones. Users aren't required to have a PC
    > to use the service."

    Well, I /think/ he was looking for a way to take a call he received on his
    cell phone and transfer it to his landline, and hanging up the cell phone.
    Toolman Tim, Jun 25, 2006
  4. pinchee

    Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote:

    |> wrote:

    |>> Don't think I misread this one, and get to post the link now :)
    |>>
    |>> You mean VoIP over a dialup instead of a computer?
    |>> http://www.techweb.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=189500404&cid=RSSfeed_TechWeb
    |>> http://tinyurl.com/pmga8
    |>>
    |>> "callers can connect over dialup or broadband links to callers on PCs,
    |>> regular landlines, or cell phones. Users aren't required to have a PC
    |>> to use the service."

    |>Well, I /think/ he was looking for a way to take a call he received on his
    |>cell phone and transfer it to his landline, and hanging up the cell phone.

    If that's the case...DARN! :)

    That's just call forwarding then

    --
    One of Criss Angel's freakiest Illusions
    http://tinyurl.com/ocyby
    , Jun 25, 2006
  5. pinchee

    Toolman Tim Guest

    wrote:

    >>> Well, I /think/ he was looking for a way to take a call he received
    >>> on his cell phone and transfer it to his landline, and hanging up
    >>> the cell phone.

    > If that's the case...DARN! :)
    >
    > That's just call forwarding the

    I don't know - the OP certainly didn't pose his question in an intelligent
    manner...

    Toolman Tim, Jun 25, 2006
  6. pinchee

    jils Guest

    pinchee wrote:
    > Win XP Pro
    >
    > Is there such a device that can transfer a cell phone call to a land
    > line based telephone receiver. I have my doubts - this would be
    > disastrous to landline telephone providers-

    why would it be disastrous, and why wouldn't the cell phone caller
    simply call the landline instead of the cell phone?
    jils, Jun 25, 2006
  7. Howdy!

    "pinchee" <> wrote in message
    > Win XP Pro
    >
    > Is there such a device that can transfer a cell phone call to
    > a land line based telephone receiver.
    > I have my doubts - this would be disastrous to landline
    > telephone providers- but was just wondering if such a
    > device or method was available.
    > I also have no doubt that sooner or later such equipment
    > will become available if not now.

    It would help if you would say exactly what you're wanting to do.

    There's already adapters available (and have been, since at least
    2000!) to let you use your cell phone to drive standard POTS phones.

    Call Forwarding can forward a call from a cell phone to a landline
    phone.

    And, BTW - NONE of this even requires a computer to operate! So the
    "Win XP Pro" line is not necessary for any of that.

    However, if the question somehow is related to your computer, it
    might help to reask it in a cogent fashion - that is, ask exactly what
    you're wanting to get answered, not toss out buzz words hoping someone can
    decipher what you're saying.

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jun 25, 2006
  8. pinchee

    pinchee Guest

    All of you are right! I'm merely an old man who can't
    post what I really wanted to know - shame on me.
    What I want to do is answer a cell phone call with my
    land line phone. Guess it is because I just lazy or the
    like. I have my cell phone set at the loudest ringing
    but at my age (82) I'm a few bricks short of a load
    when it comes to hearing the cell phone and I miss
    calls often and/or else its somewhere where I'm not
    and again miss calls. Because I miss calls I have land
    line phones in every room of this house including the baths, the gararge and
    the utility room and the spa area.
    All I wanted to know was there a service or utility that
    would ring the land line phones when I receive a call on
    the cell phone. Please excuse my illiterate original post.

    pinchee, Jun 25, 2006
  9. pinchee wrote:
    > Win XP Pro
    >
    > Is there such a device that can transfer a cell phone call to a land
    > line based telephone receiver. I have my doubts - this would be
    > disastrous to landline telephone providers- but was just wondering if
    > such a device or method was available. I also have no doubt that
    > sooner or later such equipment will become available if not now.

    See if your cell provider offers call forwarding. If it does, have your
    cell forward calls to the land line.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 25, 2006
  10. pinchee

    Guest

    "pinchee" <> wrote:

    |>All of you are right! I'm merely an old man who can't
    |>post what I really wanted to know - shame on me.
    |>What I want to do is answer a cell phone call with my
    |>land line phone. Guess it is because I just lazy or the
    |>like. I have my cell phone set at the loudest ringing
    |>but at my age (82) I'm a few bricks short of a load
    |>when it comes to hearing the cell phone and I miss
    |>calls often and/or else its somewhere where I'm not
    |>and again miss calls. Because I miss calls I have land
    |>line phones in every room of this house including the baths, the gararge and
    |>the utility room and the spa area.
    |>All I wanted to know was there a service or utility that
    |>would ring the land line phones when I receive a call on
    |>the cell phone. Please excuse my illiterate original post.

    I have a call forwarding on my Cell Phone that can be set to call a
    landline (any other number) if:
    All voice calls
    busy
    Not answered
    out of reach
    not available
    all fax calls
    All data calls

    Check your out.

    Set it to vibrate so you can feel a call come thru.

    There are bluetooth ear pieces that connect to your cell phone
    (wireless) - make you look like an old nerd - but you might get better
    (louder) response.

    |>"pinchee" <> wrote in message
    |>> Win XP Pro
    |>>
    |>> Is there such a device that can transfer a cell phone call to
    |>> a land line based telephone receiver.
    |>> I have my doubts - this would be disastrous to landline
    |>> telephone providers- but was just wondering if such a
    |>> device or method was available.
    |>> I also have no doubt that sooner or later such equipment
    |>> will become available if not now.

    --
    One of Criss Angel's freakiest Illusions
    http://tinyurl.com/ocyby
    , Jun 25, 2006
  11. pinchee

    Dan Evans Guest

    "pinchee" <> wrote in message
    > Win XP Pro
    >
    > Is there such a device that can transfer a cell phone call to
    > a land line based telephone receiver.
    > I have my doubts - this would be disastrous to landline
    > telephone providers- but was just wondering if such a
    > device or method was available.
    > I also have no doubt that sooner or later such equipment
    > will become available if not now.

    If your mobile can forward calls then yes, but you need extra equipment.
    What we have here is a Primecell (GSM gateway) plugged into a PBX that has
    also has 3 PSTN lines connected. What we use it for is clients can ring in
    to the office and either talk to whoever on our extension, or be transfered
    to our mobiles if we're out. After hours the transfer to duty technician is
    automatic (system programming). Expect to pay a lot though - our system
    here* works out at about 5,500 euros (trade price, we're distributors), but
    it can be done cheaper.

    *Panasonic TX-TDA100 with BRI8, LCOT4, DHLC16, OPB3, MSG4 and 2 Ericsson
    F250M Primecells (one subscribed to Telefonica Movistar, the other to Airtel
    Vodafone), KX-TVM50 VPS, plus KX-T7636 Operators console and various
    KX-T7665 and KX-T7565 extensions

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Jun 25, 2006
  12. pinchee

    JANA Guest

    What you want can be done, but not by a gadget. It has to do with the
    services provided by your mobile telephone company. This has to do with both
    hardware and software used in their central equipment.

    With the providers that offer this service, if you are on the phone and you
    want to transfer the call to a land line phone, you simple ask the person to
    hold, and you press the send key. You should get a double beep. You then
    dial the number of the destination. When the destination phone is ringing or
    answers, you press send again. Now the phone is in the conference mode. If
    you press end, you are out of the call, and the person on the other end
    should be connected to the destination you have dialled.

    There is also an option available that when your phone is turned off, the
    calls are re-routed to another number. This destination number can be user
    programmed or changed at any time by dialling an access code. This is call
    re-routing.

    You should contact your mobile phone company to enquire about the available
    options. Most of the time, the companies who offer extended options, have a
    higher base price for their service, and will charge extra fees for using
    them. Many of them will only offer these services with locked in contracts.

    Some mobile companies also offer services where your base number or home
    number is also your mobile number. This one is particularly interesting.
    When the mobile phone is turned on, it is automatically your home number.
    When the mobile phone is turned off, or in the private mode, the calls go
    directly back to your home number. In the private mode, the mobile phone
    becomes its own default phone number, and it will work as if it was an
    independent phone.

    There are also services such as extended call display, and fax notification.
    If your base phone received a call, and your mobile phone is in the private
    mode, the call display will indicate that your base phone received a call,
    and it will display the calling party and their phone number. There is a
    service where you can have a notification if your office received a fax, the
    time it was received, and the phone number that the fax originated from.

    It is also possible to have all the emails coming in to your email account,
    have copies sent to your mobile phone. You can then read and answer the
    emails from your phone. When you get home, you can still download them back
    to your computer.

    One thing for sure, these options are expensive to have. This is because of
    the mobile network usage, and the high cost of operating mobile phone
    networks, and maintaining all the equipment and facilities behind these
    networks.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Jun 25, 2006
  13. pinchee

    Top Guest

    pinchee wrote :
    > All of you are right! I'm merely an old man who can't
    > post what I really wanted to know - shame on me.
    > What I want to do is answer a cell phone call with my
    > land line phone. Guess it is because I just lazy or the
    > like. I have my cell phone set at the loudest ringing
    > but at my age (82) I'm a few bricks short of a load
    > when it comes to hearing the cell phone and I miss
    > calls often and/or else its somewhere where I'm not
    > and again miss calls. Because I miss calls I have land
    > line phones in every room of this house including the baths,
    > the gararge and the utility room and the spa area.
    > All I wanted to know was there a service or utility that
    > would ring the land line phones when I receive a call on
    > the cell phone. Please excuse my illiterate original post.

    > "pinchee" <> wrote in message
    >> Win XP Pro
    >>
    >> Is there such a device that can transfer a cell phone call to
    >> a land line based telephone receiver.
    >> I have my doubts - this would be disastrous to landline
    >> telephone providers- but was just wondering if such a
    >> device or method was available.
    >> I also have no doubt that sooner or later such equipment
    >> will become available if not now.

    Maybe voicemail?

    Let the calls go to voicemail (Cell and landline) then check the
    voicemail as often as you think you need to.

    Top

    --

    Nevermind that Man behind the curtain
    Top, Jun 25, 2006
  14. pinchee

    Dan Evans Guest

    "JANA" <> wrote in message

    > One thing for sure, these options are expensive to have.

    I get flat rate between all my mobiles. 45EUR per month per line - not
    expensive at all.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Jun 25, 2006
  15. pinchee

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 21:14:53 -0700, "pinchee" <> wrote:

    >All of you are right! I'm merely an old man who can't
    >post what I really wanted to know - shame on me.
    >What I want to do is answer a cell phone call with my
    >land line phone. Guess it is because I just lazy or the
    >like. I have my cell phone set at the loudest ringing
    >but at my age (82) I'm a few bricks short of a load
    >when it comes to hearing the cell phone and I miss
    >calls often and/or else its somewhere where I'm not
    >and again miss calls. Because I miss calls I have land
    >line phones in every room of this house including the baths, the gararge and
    >the utility room and the spa area.
    >All I wanted to know was there a service or utility that
    >would ring the land line phones when I receive a call on
    >the cell phone. Please excuse my illiterate original post.

    Please don't top post.

    What you want is called call forwarding but it costs you each time
    you divert a call. Why not just carry the phone with you or use a
    cordless phone.

    >"pinchee" <> wrote in message
    >> Win XP Pro
    >>
    >> Is there such a device that can transfer a cell phone call to
    >> a land line based telephone receiver.
    >> I have my doubts - this would be disastrous to landline
    >> telephone providers- but was just wondering if such a
    >> device or method was available.
    >> I also have no doubt that sooner or later such equipment
    >> will become available if not now.

    Barry
    =====
    Home page