    XP Home
    USB data transfer cable
    Samsung SPH-A660 (Sprint VI-660)

    Rosco, Nov 20, 2005

  2. Rosco

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 04:20:48 GMT, Rosco <> wrote:

    >I recently purchased a data transfer cable from ebay for my Cell. It
    >included the USB driver cd as well as extra rigntones and wall paper.
    >The drivers installed very easily but now I have a problem. I can't
    >figure out how to upload to my phone or download from from my pc. I now
    >realize more software is required to do so, with that in mind can
    >anyone recomment low cost software that will support my phone and pc
    >XP Home
    >USB data transfer cable
    >Samsung SPH-A660 (Sprint VI-660)

    DataPilot
    http://www.datapilot.com/

    SnapSync
    http://www.futuredial.com/FDCart/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=121&cid=30&promo=FDA-NTRTEN
    Also available at RadioShack

    Unk, Nov 20, 2005

  3. Rosco

    Rosco Guest

    Unk cried out

    > On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 04:20:48 GMT, Rosco
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>I recently purchased a data transfer cable from ebay for my Cell.
    >>It included the USB driver cd as well as extra rigntones and wall
    >>paper. The drivers installed very easily but now I have a problem.
    >>I can't figure out how to upload to my phone or download from from
    >>my pc. I now realize more software is required to do so, with that
    >>in mind can anyone recomment low cost software that will support
    >>my phone and pc XP Home
    >>USB data transfer cable
    >>Samsung SPH-A660 (Sprint VI-660)

    > DataPilot
    > http://www.datapilot.com/
    >
    > SnapSync
    > http://www.futuredial.com/FDCart/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=121&cid=30
    > &promo=FDA-NTRTEN Also available at RadioShack

    Both of those programs list the can only pull the Phonebook and
    Scheduler

    Rosco, Nov 20, 2005
  4. Rosco

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 21:57:06 GMT, Rosco <> wrote:

    >Unk cried out
    >
    >> On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 04:20:48 GMT, Rosco
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I recently purchased a data transfer cable from ebay for my Cell.
    >>>It included the USB driver cd as well as extra rigntones and wall
    >>>paper. The drivers installed very easily but now I have a problem.
    >>>I can't figure out how to upload to my phone or download from from
    >>>my pc. I now realize more software is required to do so, with that
    >>>in mind can anyone recomment low cost software that will support
    >>>my phone and pc XP Home
    >>>USB data transfer cable
    >>>Samsung SPH-A660 (Sprint VI-660)

    >> DataPilot
    >> http://www.datapilot.com/
    >>
    >> SnapSync
    >> http://www.futuredial.com/FDCart/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=121&cid=30
    >> &promo=FDA-NTRTEN Also available at RadioShack
    >>

    >Both of those programs list the can only pull the Phonebook and
    >Scheduler

    I guess you didn't bother to look at them.
    DataPilot supports Phone Book, Ringtones, Image Editor, Calendar, SMS Manager, and Internet...

    Unk, Nov 21, 2005
  5. Rosco

    Rosco Guest

    Unk cried out

    > On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 21:57:06 GMT, Rosco
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Unk cried out

    >>> DataPilot
    >>> http://www.datapilot.com/
    >>>
    >>> SnapSync
    >>> http://www.futuredial.com/FDCart/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=121

    &cid=
    >>> 30 &promo=FDA-NTRTEN Also available at RadioShack
    >>>

    >>Both of those programs list the can only pull the Phonebook and
    >>Scheduler

    > I guess you didn't bother to look at them.
    > DataPilot supports Phone Book, Ringtones, Image Editor, Calendar,
    > SMS Manager, and Internet...

    Yes, it supports all that in general, but if you look specifiacally
    at the features it supportrs on my phone (Samsung SPH-A660, Sprint
    VI-660) it only supports phone book manager, internet data connect,
    and calendar

    Rosco, Nov 21, 2005
  6. On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 06:09:50 GMT, Rosco
    <> wrote:

    >Yes, it supports all that in general, but if you look specifiacally
    >at the features it supportrs on my phone (Samsung SPH-A660, Sprint
    >VI-660) it only supports phone book manager, internet data connect,
    >and calendar

    Not knowing that phone in particular (I'm a Nokia fan myself), I'd
    guess that your particular phone doesn't support transferring
    ringtones via data cable. I'd ask the author of the data pilot
    program on their website if possible as to why they don't support it
    only on your phone to be sure, but sounds that way. This wouldn't
    happen to be a low-end pay as you go phone that is more than likely
    only useable on Sprint Networks, is it? If so, then Sprint more than
    likely cut a deal with Samsung to restrict the installation of
    Ringtones to force you to have to download them via internet or
    through their network. I got one phone through Cingular that could
    not get a data cable, then later upgraded to a newer phone that has
    the data cable adapter, and doubt seriously I'll ever go back to being
    forced to use the internet to download my own ringtones.... Especially
    because I can't find a single website that has the ringtones I want
    and that sounds decent. All of the ones I find either don't have the
    type of ring tones I like, they sound kinda like you recorded the
    music to an old LP album, then threw the record at a brick wall, then
    played it on a cheap $15.00 record player, while recording it to your
    cellphone..... I've got software from Nokia to convert ringtones that
    sound like the original .mp3/.wav file on the phone, or play the .mid
    files I allready have on my PC, without having to buy someone's
    horrible excuse for a re-make.... Especially the horrible sounding
    Axel-F that didn't even sound like the original song... Phone
    companies want to charge you on the average $5.00/ringtone, when you
    can download all you want for free and upload it to your phone....
    BTW, another thought is to see if there's more than one data cable for
    your phone. Eg. with some Nokia phones, they can use 2 different
    types of cables. (Mine claims there is 2 different cables available,
    and you just have to figure out which type you have by which option
    works in the software.... (Actually 3, a generic cable that I have
    that is listed as Generic GSM cable, and 2 different Nokia modals....)

    John H. Guillory, Nov 28, 2005
  7. Rosco

    Rosco Guest

    John H. Guillory cried out

    > On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 06:09:50 GMT, Rosco
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Yes, it supports all that in general, but if you look
    >>specifiacally at the features it supportrs on my phone (Samsung
    >>SPH-A660, Sprint VI-660) it only supports phone book manager,
    >>internet data connect, and calendar

    > Not knowing that phone in particular (I'm a Nokia fan myself), I'd
    > guess that your particular phone doesn't support transferring
    > ringtones via data cable. I'd ask the author of the data pilot
    > program on their website if possible as to why they don't support
    > it only on your phone to be sure, but sounds that way. This
    > wouldn't happen to be a low-end pay as you go phone that is more
    > than likely only useable on Sprint Networks, is it? If so, then
    > Sprint more than likely cut a deal with Samsung to restrict the
    > installation of Ringtones to force you to have to download them
    > via internet or through their network. I got one phone through
    > Cingular that could not get a data cable, then later upgraded to a
    > newer phone that has the data cable adapter, and doubt seriously
    > I'll ever go back to being forced to use the internet to download
    > my own ringtones.... Especially because I can't find a single
    > website that has the ringtones I want and that sounds decent. All
    > of the ones I find either don't have the type of ring tones I
    > like, they sound kinda like you recorded the music to an old LP
    > album, then threw the record at a brick wall, then played it on a
    > cheap $15.00 record player, while recording it to your
    > cellphone..... I've got software from Nokia to convert ringtones
    > that sound like the original .mp3/.wav file on the phone, or play
    > the .mid files I allready have on my PC, without having to buy
    > someone's horrible excuse for a re-make.... Especially the
    > horrible sounding Axel-F that didn't even sound like the original
    > song... Phone companies want to charge you on the average
    > $5.00/ringtone, when you can download all you want for free and
    > upload it to your phone.... BTW, another thought is to see if
    > there's more than one data cable for your phone. Eg. with some
    > Nokia phones, they can use 2 different types of cables. (Mine
    > claims there is 2 different cables available, and you just have to
    > figure out which type you have by which option works in the
    > software.... (Actually 3, a generic cable that I have that is
    > listed as Generic GSM cable, and 2 different Nokia modals....)

    no, its a full contract phone, but it was the freebie, its probably
    just not possible with this phone, it would not suprise me at all,
    thanks though for all of your help.

    Rosco, Nov 28, 2005