    have a better shot at getting a good phone with long battery life
    instead of just taking what the kid is pushing the day I walk into the
    store?

    gd, Feb 22, 2004

  2. gd

    Brian H¹© Guest

    gd said:

    > With more bells and whistles on cell phone it seems the batteries don't
    > last as long between charges, and even larger capacity after market
    > batteries don't do as well as I might expect. Does anyone know of a site
    > that compares phones model by model so with my next purchase I might
    > have a better shot at getting a good phone with long battery life
    > instead of just taking what the kid is pushing the day I walk into the
    > store?

    If you were to use it as a phone and not a toy, then it would last a lot longer.

    Brian H¹©, Feb 23, 2004

  3. gd

    Gary Danaher Guest

    Thanks to the guy with the smartass response, but some of us don't check
    our email, play games, take pictures and send them to people we don't
    know, but just need to talk, and get tired of having to change out
    batteries mid stream.

    Gary Danaher, Feb 23, 2004
  4. gd

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Gary Danaher said:

    > Thanks to the guy with the smartass response, but some of us don't check
    > our email, play games, take pictures and send them to people we don't
    > know, but just need to talk, and get tired of having to change out
    > batteries mid stream.

    Have you tried discharging the battery on a regular basis and recharging it?
    It makes a difference.

    Brian H¹©, Feb 23, 2004
  5. gd

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Brian H¹© said:

    > Gary Danaher said:
    >
    >> Thanks to the guy with the smartass response, but some of us don't check
    >> our email, play games, take pictures and send them to people we don't
    >> know, but just need to talk, and get tired of having to change out
    >> batteries mid stream.

    > Have you tried discharging the battery on a regular basis and recharging it?
    > It makes a difference.

    And BTW, what are all the whistles and bells you talk of if which use the
    battery if you are now saying you only use it to talk?

    Brian H¹©, Feb 23, 2004
  6. gd

    gd Guest

    Every couple of months I pull the battery and bleed it down to 2.8 volts
    using a little device with a small light bulb. At 2.8 volts it bottoms
    out and my readings indicate that this is as far as one needs to go, and
    then I follow it with a full charge. It has helped some, but lithium ion
    isn't supposed to have the same memory problems as nickel cadmium. As
    for the bells and whistles, this phone is a Samsung N400. It can go to
    the internet, do text messaging, blah blah blah. I just talk, and have
    an aftermarket large capacity battery. Still isn't good enough for me. I
    guess I expect the battery to last at least a day.

    gd, Feb 23, 2004
  7. gd

    spider

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    HELP! cell phone battery life

    Is there at least one (or more) newer model cellphone(s) that will allow you to:
    1.) purchase two batteries
    2.) purchase a desktop charging unit
    Thus allowing you to:
    1.) charge one battery while speaking with the other one already in the phone?

    Help.

    Spider

    spider, Nov 2, 2008