    Skip ahead to the 2:40 mark to see the time traveling lady with the cell
    phone.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6a4T2tJaSU
    William Brown, Oct 26, 2010

  2. William Brown

    Apteryx Guest

    On 26/10/2010 10:54 p.m., William Brown wrote:

    > Some guy found footage from a 1928 Charlie Chaplin movie that shows some
    > lady using what he believes is a cell phone in the background on set.
    > Skip ahead to the 2:40 mark to see the time traveling lady with the cell
    > phone.
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6a4T2tJaSU

    Weird. I have that DVD and I can confirm the woman with the "cell phone"
    is on it. It is not the set of the actual Charlie Chaplin movie though.
    It is a DVD extra with footage from the street in front of the theatre
    showing the premiere of his 1928 movie, The Circus.

    Best theories I have seen in the comments on You Tube is that it is a
    contemporary hearing aid she is testing by speaking into the microphone,
    or a crazy person walking along the street talking into a contemporary
    telephone receiver (I would add that she - if it is a a she - doesn't
    need to crazy. It could be someone with a whimsical sense of humour who
    turned up at a place where they knew there would be movie cameras in
    order to be filmed doing something weird. It is the premiere of a
    Charlie Chaplin film after all).

    Apteryx
    Apteryx, Oct 26, 2010

  3. William Brown

    Gib Bogle Guest

    On 26/10/2010 10:54 p.m., William Brown wrote:

    > Some guy found footage from a 1928 Charlie Chaplin movie that shows some
    > lady using what he believes is a cell phone in the background on set.
    > Skip ahead to the 2:40 mark to see the time traveling lady with the cell
    > phone.
    >
    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6a4T2tJaSU

    It isn't a cell phone, whatever he believes. Has he also seen UFOs?
    Gib Bogle, Oct 26, 2010
  4. In message <ia6clu$926$>, Apteryx wrote:

    > Best theories I have seen in the comments on You Tube is that it is a
    > contemporary hearing aid she is testing by speaking into the microphone

    Or somebody with a toothache holding a poultice to the side of her head.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 29, 2010