    Nero 5.5.10.12 which came bundled with the writer. My system is an
    Athlon Xp2400 with 512mb ram 120gb HDD and win XP home. Can any one
    help!
    AdNoctum, Nov 2, 2003

  2. AdNoctum

    joni Guest

    What are you trying to copy ?

    "AdNoctum" <> wrote in message
    news:bo2toa$ku8$...
    > For the last few days I have been getting the following error
    > message whilst trying to burn a disc on my MSI CR52-M
    >
    > power calibration error
    > invalid write state
    > could not perform end track
    > burn process failed at (what ever speed I choose)
    >
    > The recorder buffer level stays greyed out whilst this occurs but
    > sometimes you can hear the drive increase in speed and the buffer
    > level fills up and the burn begins. I have tried different speeds
    > sometimes with success and I have tried turning off the overburn
    > facility, but the problem just seems to be gettin worse I am using
    > Nero 5.5.10.12 which came bundled with the writer. My system is an
    > Athlon Xp2400 with 512mb ram 120gb HDD and win XP home. Can any one
    > help!

    ---
    joni, Nov 2, 2003

  3. AdNoctum

    olfart Guest

    "AdNoctum" <> wrote in message
    > For the last few days I have been getting the following error
    > message whilst trying to burn a disc on my MSI CR52-M
    >
    > power calibration error
    > invalid write state
    > could not perform end track
    > burn process failed at (what ever speed I choose)
    >
    > The recorder buffer level stays greyed out whilst this occurs but
    > sometimes you can hear the drive increase in speed and the buffer
    > level fills up and the burn begins. I have tried different speeds
    > sometimes with success and I have tried turning off the overburn
    > facility, but the problem just seems to be gettin worse I am using
    > Nero 5.5.10.12 which came bundled with the writer. My system is an
    > Athlon Xp2400 with 512mb ram 120gb HDD and win XP home. Can any one
    > help!

    Something you might try. When I started getting Power Calibration errors I
    cleaned the Laser Lens with a Q-Tip and a little alcohol. Fixed the problem.
    If you are a smoker the lens can get a coating on it. You can usually reach
    the lens through the front with the tray open using a long Q-Tip. This might
    help you
    olfart, Nov 2, 2003
  4. AdNoctum

    °Mike° Guest

    You're probably using cheap CDR media. Try higher speed
    and/or different brand CDs.

    How do I resolve power calibration errors
    http://www.iomega.com/support/documents/11135.html

    On 2 Nov 2003 12:36:26 GMT, in
    <bo2toa$ku8$>
    AdNoctum scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 2, 2003
  5. AdNoctum

    AdNoctum Guest

    video files

    ---
    AdNoctum, Nov 2, 2003
  6. AdNoctum

    AdNoctum Guest

    Thanks I'll give this a try

    ---
    AdNoctum, Nov 2, 2003
  7. AdNoctum

    AdNoctum Guest

    the media I am using are Datasafe Media 52x Silver Premium.

    ---
    AdNoctum, Nov 2, 2003
  8. AdNoctum

    Mara Guest

    Mara, Nov 2, 2003
  9. AdNoctum

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 09:28:16 -0600, in
    <>
    Mara scrawled:

    >On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 15:03:31 -0000, AdNoctum wrote:
    >
    >>the media I am using are Datasafe Media 52x Silver Premium.

    >The setting you need in OE is Tools/Options/Send/Include
    >message in reply, and then trim appropriately.
    >
    >http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~guckes/message/editing.html
    >http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/quote.html
    >
    ><snipped borked sig>

    Have you ever had one of those days when, no matter how you
    try, you just can't be bothered with fools (real or imagined)?

    --
    "Today is one of those days..."
    °Mike°, Nov 2, 2003
  10. AdNoctum

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 15:47:46 +0000, °Mike° wrote:

    >On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 09:28:16 -0600, in
    > <>
    > Mara scrawled:
    >
    >>On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 15:03:31 -0000, AdNoctum wrote:
    >>
    >>>the media I am using are Datasafe Media 52x Silver Premium.

    >>The setting you need in OE is Tools/Options/Send/Include
    >>message in reply, and then trim appropriately.
    >>
    >>http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~guckes/message/editing.html
    >>http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/quote.html
    >>
    >><snipped borked sig>

    >Have you ever had one of those days when, no matter how you
    >try, you just can't be bothered with fools (real or imagined)?

    Oh yes. Happens to me all the time, especially at work - my boss called me a
    couple of days ago and told me that on boot that morning, eTrust's RealTime
    monitor had disappeared, so at this point I can only assume he's infected.
    Again.

    Say, while I've got your attention, what do you think are the chances of me
    wiping an HP drive entirely and putting 2k on it instead of XP? It's been awhile
    since I actually had to wipe an HP, and I don't remember even _if_ it can be
    done. I know the system is very cheaply built and HP's proprietary crap is
    skewed. CD as drive M. Yeesh. I hate HP systems almost as much as I hate
    Compaqs.Or NECs. Or the old PHells. Or whatever the hell they are these days....

    In any case, I'm going to change the network settings. Turns out they gave
    themselves Admin permissions in XP, God knows why because both users admit they
    haven't a clue. They shouldn't even be installing their own programs, really.
    Should I change it to User or even Guest?

    >--
    >"Today is one of those days..."

    It's freezing mist here. Doesn't add to the feeling of sweetness and light, if
    you know what I mean.

    "Might be time to break out the ol' Might & Magic games."

    --
    I always try to go the extra mile at work, but my boss always
    finds me and brings me back.
    Mara, Nov 2, 2003
  11. AdNoctum

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 10:34:28 -0600, in
    <>
    Mara scrawled:

    <snip>

    >Say, while I've got your attention, what do you think are the
    >chances of me wiping an HP drive entirely and putting 2k on it
    >instead of XP?

    HP? What's that? I've never actually done it, so I can't really
    say. It shouldn't be that difficult, surely?

    http://hpdrives.notlong.com/
    http://hpwindows.notlong.com/

    <snip>
    °Mike°, Nov 2, 2003
  12. AdNoctum

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 18:32:49 +0000, °Mike° wrote:

    >On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 10:34:28 -0600, in
    > <>
    > Mara scrawled:
    >
    ><snip>
    >
    >>Say, while I've got your attention, what do you think are the
    >>chances of me wiping an HP drive entirely and putting 2k on it
    >>instead of XP?

    >HP? What's that? I've never actually done it, so I can't really
    >say. It shouldn't be that difficult, surely?
    >
    >http://hpdrives.notlong.com/
    >http://hpwindows.notlong.com/

    Oh, I'm sure I can do it - I used to do it to PHells, and in fact that's what I
    did to the very first IBM clone I ever owned. (It was a PHell 133 - all I could
    get, in those days.) It's just been awhile, is all. Now, I'm just wondering if
    it's worth it, in the long run. I really hate to take the actual time to do it,
    because I'll only get paid regular work time for it and it's worth a lot more
    than that. But I do think I could lock down 2k much tighter than I could XP, and
    when they bought the system, the installed copy is all they received with it -
    no XP disk. At the rate they're going, they will probably be infected with
    everything currently circulating out there by the time I have a chance to look
    at it.

    Agh.

    I looked at the first link, and they tell clients to install a new drive and
    then use the backup/restore disk to install the OS. He didn't get one of those,
    either - the only copy he has is in the restore partition. Thus, my hesitation.
    The second link, though, provided me with a list of things I needed to know, and
    a number I can give them to call to get the driver cd for Windows 2000. I've
    already talked to them about buying 2k outright, and my boss is quite willing to
    do this in order to keep me from having to give him "The Look" every time I go
    downstairs.

    Heh. ;)

    ><snip>

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"