  1. I have a philips CDRW2400 series and am now having problems with the unit.
    When I attempt to burn on CDRW media it fails to do anything, but its okay
    on CDR media. Does anyone know what the problem could be?
    porkscratching, Oct 19, 2003

  2. porkscratching

    Shep© Guest

    On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 16:54:39 +0000 (UTC), Knowing that it was a
    Hollywood invention that lemmings jump off cliffs "porkscratching"
    <> wrote :

    >I have a philips CDRW2400 series and am now having problems with the unit.
    >When I attempt to burn on CDRW media it fails to do anything, but its okay
    >on CDR media. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

    The CDR/W disk?

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    It's a G not a J in gmx for email
    Shep©, Oct 19, 2003

  3. porkscratching

    lee Guest

    Think you may need to format the RW disk

    lee, Oct 19, 2003
  4. I've used Easy creator software, or something like that, and used the option
    to format. I ran the format, but it just kept on going although the progress
    bar is to the end.

    porkscratching, Oct 19, 2003
  5. porkscratching

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 18:41:49 +0000 (UTC), "porkscratching"
    <> wrote:

    >I've used Easy creator software, or something like that, and used the option
    >to format. I ran the format, but it just kept on going although the progress
    >bar is to the end.

    Presume you're using DirectCD.

    I've had that happen on bad CD-RW discs - try it on another disc/other
    brands. Kodak and other brand names generally work well but
    cheapie/generics may not.

    jd
    Jimmy Dean, Oct 20, 2003
  6. "Jimmy Dean" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 18:41:49 +0000 (UTC), "porkscratching"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >I've used Easy creator software, or something like that, and used the

    option
    > >to format. I ran the format, but it just kept on going although the

    progress
    > >bar is to the end.

    > Presume you're using DirectCD.
    >
    > I've had that happen on bad CD-RW discs - try it on another disc/other
    > brands. Kodak and other brand names generally work well but
    > cheapie/generics may not.
    >
    > jd

    The main program I use is Nero, but sometimes use Easy DirectCD.

    I've tried using a philips CDRW, but still have the same problem as the non
    branded ones.
    porkscratching, Oct 20, 2003