    ocmputer, it shows empty. device manager states working good, and nothing
    in event viewer..and ideas?

    -Darthux

    Darthux, Jul 14, 2003

  2. Darthux

    Ðaz ©. Guest

    maybe the drive is fried?
    "Darthux" <> wrote in message
    news:XwvQa.2789$...
    : windows xp pro
    :
    : i was buning a cd for my friend, and when i got back form bringing it to
    his
    : house, my cdrw would not work, i thaught it might have been bad blancs,
    but
    : i went through 3, then i notied that i can't even read normal cd's.
    :
    : when i insert a cd into the computer, the mouse icon changes like it's
    : reading a cdrom, but nothing comes up, and when i doule click on it under
    my

    Ðaz ©., Jul 14, 2003

  3. Darthux

    trout Guest

    Darthux wrote:

    > windows xp pro
    >
    > i was buning a cd for my friend, and when i got back form bringing it
    > to his house, my cdrw would not work, i thaught it might have been
    > bad blancs, but i went through 3, then i notied that i can't even
    > read normal cd's.
    >
    > when i insert a cd into the computer, the mouse icon changes like it's
    > reading a cdrom, but nothing comes up, and when i doule click on it
    > under my ocmputer, it shows empty. device manager states working
    > good, and nothing in event viewer..and ideas?
    >
    > -Darthux

    Sorry; I don't have an answer for you. I'd just point out that the
    lack of response is probably due to the rather crucial typo in your
    subject line.
    --
    "Doesn't really indicate a problem."

    trout, Jul 14, 2003
  4. Darthux

    Paul - xxx Guest

    trout deftly scribbled:

    > Darthux wrote:
    >
    >> windows xp pro
    >>
    >> i was buning a cd for my friend, and when i got back form bringing it
    >> to his house, my cdrw would not work, i thaught it might have been
    >> bad blancs, but i went through 3, then i notied that i can't even
    >> read normal cd's.
    >>
    >> when i insert a cd into the computer, the mouse icon changes like
    >> it's reading a cdrom, but nothing comes up, and when i doule click
    >> on it under my ocmputer, it shows empty. device manager states
    >> working good, and nothing in event viewer..and ideas?
    >>
    >> -Darthux

    > Sorry; I don't have an answer for you. I'd just point out that the
    > lack of response is probably due to the rather crucial typo in your
    > subject line.

    Heheheh, look back a ways to a post made by the same poster at about 08.45
    am today .. methinks he requires a little more time on usenet to become
    acclimatised .. ;)

    --
    ....................................Paul-xxx

    Paul - xxx, Jul 14, 2003
  5. Darthux

    trout Guest

    Paul - xxx wrote:

    > trout deftly scribbled:

    <snip>

    >> Sorry; I don't have an answer for you. I'd just point out that
    >> the lack of response is probably due to the rather crucial typo in
    >> your subject line.

    > Heheheh, look back a ways to a post made by the same poster at about
    > 08.45 am today .. methinks he requires a little more time on usenet
    > to become acclimatised .. ;)

    I thought that's why it looked even more like a follow-up (not
    working/now working) post.
    --
    "Another satisfied customer."

    trout, Jul 14, 2003