    at external cdrw drives with a usb connection. i have a couple usb ports.
    how can i tell if they are 2.0 or 1.1 usb ports? does the external drive
    sound like a good choice? other ideas? thanks.

    Barbara, Sep 3, 2003

  2. Barbara

    Me Guest

    Email them?

    Me, Sep 3, 2003

  3. Barbara

    Richard Guest

    Barbara wrote:>>

    > i have a laptop with a floppy and cd drive, but no way to get large files
    > off this machine. my daughter used the laptop on a trip and downloaded
    > lots of pictures she took, but now has no way to get them off. i've been
    > looking at external cdrw drives with a usb connection. i have a couple
    > usb ports. how can i tell if they are 2.0 or 1.1 usb ports? does the
    > external drive sound like a good choice? other ideas? thanks.

    Go ahead and get one. That way you can swap files back and forth a lot
    easier.
    You could also just get a USB hard drive and not have to worry about cd's.
    I have an acer cdrw and a maxtor 80 gig hd, both USB external.
    Another possible way to transfer is to e-mail them to yourself.
    Or go online on an IRC chat room and transfer there.

    Richard, Sep 3, 2003
  4. Barbara

    Barbara Guest

    thanks for the ideas. there are a few hundred pictures - too many to
    e-mail. but the hard drive idea sounds good. thanks again.

    Barbara, Sep 3, 2003
  5. Barbara

    Boomer.. Guest

    Barbara wrote:
    > i have a laptop with a floppy and cd drive, but no way to get large
    > files off this machine. my daughter used the laptop on a trip and
    > downloaded lots of pictures she took, but now has no way to get them
    > off. i've been looking at external cdrw drives with a usb
    > connection. i have a couple usb ports. how can i tell if they are
    > 2.0 or 1.1 usb ports? does the external drive sound like a good
    > choice? other ideas? thanks.

    Can't tell you much, but someone will be along shortly to offer advice. In
    the meantime, you might like to look for earlier posts on the same subject.
    And as for posting, whatever you do, don't post in HTML. And if you want to
    post test messages, please use a TEST group.

    The purpose of test newsgroups is to allow users to test
    their news software and servers without annoying others.

    FYI http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/testpost.html

    Thank You :)

    Boomer.., Sep 3, 2003