    read it. I then try a DVD movie and it plays perfectly fine.

    Broken drive? Broken software? Any ideas?

    Thanks

    Sibine, Jul 31, 2007

  2. Sibine

    olfart Guest

    "Sibine" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Burning some CD's this afternoon and suddenly it fails to burn. No
    > matter, i put another disk in and this fails too along with the
    > subsequent one.
    >
    > I reboot and try a normal manufacturer CD in the drive and it fails to
    > read it. I then try a DVD movie and it plays perfectly fine.
    >
    > Broken drive? Broken software? Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks

    yup, nope, nope

    olfart, Jul 31, 2007

  3. Sibine

    RainKingKC Guest

    On Jul 31, 3:28 pm, Sibine <> wrote:
    > Burning some CD's this afternoon and suddenly it fails to burn. No
    > matter, i put another disk in and this fails too along with the
    > subsequent one.
    >
    > I reboot and try a normal manufacturer CD in the drive and it fails to
    > read it. I then try a DVD movie and it plays perfectly fine.
    >
    > Broken drive? Broken software? Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks

    Hmm.. what's makes this strange is the DVD reading correctly. Your
    laser might be out in your burner, or might just need to be cleaned.
    I'm pretty sure there are CD's out there that heat up the laser to
    nuke any build up. Either way, if problems persist, you're going to
    have to replace the DVD drive.

    /jaime.

    RainKingKC, Jul 31, 2007
  4. Sibine

    Sibine Guest

    Thanks people, its pretty conclusive like I thought. Next stop ebay :D

    Sibine, Jul 31, 2007
  5. Sibine

    Guest

    Sibine <> wrote:

    >Burning some CD's this afternoon and suddenly it fails to burn. No
    >matter, i put another disk in and this fails too along with the
    >subsequent one.
    >
    >I reboot and try a normal manufacturer CD in the drive and it fails to
    >read it. I then try a DVD movie and it plays perfectly fine.
    >
    >Broken drive? Broken software? Any ideas?

    Nero assumed.

    Search for NeroHistory.log read it from the bottom up (just easier),
    any problems will be listed there.

    http://ipac.jpl.nasa.gov/media_images/sig05-010.jpg

    , Jul 31, 2007