    computer shows drive with nothing even when there is a Cd in it. I've
    rebooted PC but still nothing

    ---
    Robert Harkness, Feb 8, 2005

  2. Robert Harkness

    Ingeborg Guest

    "Robert Harkness" <> wrote in news:s38Od.656
    $:

    > while burning CD I stopped the burner halfway through now the drive won't
    > start. Properties box for the drive says device is working properly, my
    > computer shows drive with nothing even when there is a Cd in it. I've
    > rebooted PC but still nothing

    Poweroff the system for several minutes (pull out the plug) and retry. When
    it's still dead check the cables.
    Ingeborg, Feb 8, 2005

  3. Robert Harkness

    Kenny Guest

    Try deleting it from Device Manager and re-booting, Windows will find it and
    reload the drivers for it.

    --

    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Feb 8, 2005
  4. Robert Harkness

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | while burning CD I stopped the burner halfway through now the drive won't
    | start. Properties box for the drive says device is working properly, my
    | computer shows drive with nothing even when there is a Cd in it. I've
    | rebooted PC but still nothing

    And your computer is?
    And your operating system is?
    And the software you are burning CDs with is?
    Toolman Tim, Feb 8, 2005
  5. emachines 130 - XP Home - Nero 6 - thwe burner is an LG don't know model

    Robert Harkness, Feb 10, 2005
  6. Robert Harkness

    Toolman Tim Guest

    I can't find a "130" on the www.e4me.com website - is there a letter, or a
    name like "eTower" or somthing else that would help identify the computer?

    | emachines 130 - XP Home - Nero 6 - thwe burner is an LG don't know model
    | "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    | >
    | > "Robert Harkness" <> wrote in message
    | > | while burning CD I stopped the burner halfway through now the drive
    | won't
    | > | start. Properties box for the drive says device is working properly,
    my
    | > | computer shows drive with nothing even when there is a Cd in it. I've
    | > | rebooted PC but still nothing
    | > |

    Toolman Tim, Feb 10, 2005
  7. sorry only sku #: 418343
    the pc is about 3 yrs old

    > I can't find a "130" on the www.e4me.com website - is there a letter, or a
    > name like "eTower" or somthing else that would help identify the computer?
    >
    > "Robert Harkness" <> wrote in message
    > | emachines 130 - XP Home - Nero 6 - thwe burner is an LG don't know model
    > | "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > | >
    > | > "Robert Harkness" <> wrote in message
    > | won't
    > my

    I've
    > | > |
    > | > And your computer is?
    > | > And your operating system is?
    > | > And the software you are burning CDs with is?
    > | >

    > | ---

    ---
    Robert Harkness, Feb 10, 2005
  8. Robert Harkness

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Well, that didn't help much either. I was hoping to find out more specs on
    the CDRW drive, to find out there are any firmware updates available. Their
    website is rather short on information though...

    If you can find out more about what model the CDRW drive is, maybe the
    manufacturer's site has more info.

    | sorry only sku #: 418343
    | the pc is about 3 yrs old
    |
    | "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    | > I can't find a "130" on the www.e4me.com website - is there a letter, or
    | > name like "eTower" or somthing else that would help identify the
    computer?

    | > "Robert Harkness" <> wrote in message
    | > | emachines 130 - XP Home - Nero 6 - thwe burner is an LG don't know
    model
    | > | "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    | > | won't
    | > my