    Kyle

    $1million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
    reply. Money gets faster attention ;o)

    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Apr 22, 2004

  2. Once upon a time, OK, it really happened on Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:08:02
    -0400, "Sens Fan Happy In Ohio" <> claimed
    the following truncated trash was the absolute, fucking truth:

    >I have an Acer CDRW drive, a 10x8x32, that I've had since I built this
    >system a few years back. It's running Windows XP Pro with 512 MB of RAM on
    >an Athlon 750Mhz chipset. Recently int he past few months I've had several
    >occasions where the drive refuses to read that there's a disc in the drive
    >... re-writable or even a program disc. If I shut down the PC and re-start
    >it ... that sometimes clears it up. But this past Tuesday I tried for
    >several hours to re-start and it never came back. Then yesterday after
    >leaving my Win XP Pro disc in the drive and not having my PC on all day it
    >came back to life when I went into Windows Explorer. Yes, the drive
    >acknowledged there was a disc there. So what gives? Is the drive going
    >bad? Or could there be a bad connection to the motherboard? I've checked
    >the wires and everything seems tight. But why the "sometimes works" and
    >"sometimes doesn't" happenings of this drive unit?

    I would say the drive is about ready to go bad. I see you're in Ohio
    and I live in the Columbus area. If you happen to have a Micorcenter,
    Office Max or Staples in the area close to you, you can get a new cd
    burner from $20 to $30. Microcenter has a nice Samsung you can get for
    about $26 and it doesn't involve a nefarious rebate. If you want to
    move up, you can get an 8X multi-format DVD burner for about $70 to
    $80, with the rebates.

    Dr Harvie Wahl-Banghor

    ---

    Zittmutter offers McDougal some oral carnal knowledge in Message-ID: <>

    Dr. Harvie Wahl-Banghor, Apr 22, 2004

  3. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Jerry G. Guest

    I strongly suggest to try another drive. Usually this is an indication of
    the drive failing.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry G.
    =====

    Jerry G., Apr 22, 2004
  4. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    NN Guest

    This has happened to two other CD writers I had in different systems. These
    are sure signs that the drive is dying out and won't work. One had tried to
    access over and over (drive would spin up and down like a yo-yo and then
    just quit). Definitely get another drive. You might want to copy the files
    you burned (especially on those CD-RW discs) to the hard drive and burn new
    CDs after you get the new drive. If you have zip files, test the files to
    see if they are still intact (WinZip has a test feature built-in). I've had
    a drive that would unzip the files and show bad CRCs because the files
    weren't written right even though the CD-RW's write verification was on.

    But yes, you definitely shouldn't trust this drive much longer, especially
    not for writing CDs.

    NN

    NN, Apr 22, 2004