cdr/dvd-rom wont play...Help..

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ockerr, Dec 7, 2003.

  1. Ockerr

    Ockerr Guest

    I have winxp pro
    My Crd is a Samsung dvd combo
    The Hardware devices say it is
    Samsung cdrw/DvD sm-3528
    Ok that is my one and only cd writer and Dvd Player.
    But the system Hardware devices also say I have a
    AXV CD/DvD-Rom scsi cdrom Device
    That I dont have, It also shows in my Windows explorer
    In Explorer my Samsung shows as (D:/ Drive ) DVD/CD-Rw Drive

    There is also a non existant H:/ Drive called DVD Drive

    My samsung Writes and reads okay
    But How do I get rid of the Non existant H:/ drive
    Some times I have a problem playing a DVD as I think the Viewer is looking
    for the DVD in H;/

    Another Question
    What is the Start up file for a DVD, I presume it is a ifo file or a Vob
    file
    Can I run a DVD file by clicking on it so far I have had no luck.

    Thans for any Help and Advice

    Ockerr, Dec 7, 2003