    Processor: x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~2400Mhz, Pentium4
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.0.2900.2180, Total Physical Memory 512MB.

    Many thanks in advance,

    Kayman, Jul 9, 2006

  2. Hi

    As far as I know the Airplus MCD 510 is a USB Modem.

    WAN USB Routers are Not a common consumers Routers.

    In the USA it is impossible to find one. If you reside in another country
    that Broadband USB Modems are prevalent might be that you would find one.
    You have to search for a Router with USB WAN port.

    If you have only one computer you do not need a Router.

    Win XP SP2 has a build in Firewall, add to it WinDefender (a free down load
    from Microsoft) and you would have basic security.

    Otherwise more information about your setup is needed.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jul 9, 2006

  3. Kayman

    Kayman Guest

    Hi Jack,
    Thanks for response.
    Yes, Airplus MCD 510 is a USB Modem and I reside in SouthEast Asia. I use
    ZoneAlarm v6.5.722.000 (free version) together with WinDefender and various
    other quality AV & Anti-spyware applications on one (1) pc only. My
    technical knowledge is somewhat limited and am concerned when switching to
    "wireless" that a 'third' party may be able accessing my system. I do
    banking via internet hence my inquiry with regards to a suitable and
    appropriate hardware firewall in addition to my software firewall.
    Regards,

    Kayman, Jul 10, 2006