CDEX 1.7

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Si, Dec 24, 2006.

  1. Si

    Si Guest

    Hi

    Im using CDEX 1.70 beta (UNICODE BUILD).

    Im trying to rip an entire CD into one WAV or MP3 file using the 'Extract a
    section of the CD to WAV or Compressed audio file(s)' option as describes in
    the Help files.

    When I do everything appears as normal, as shown in the Help files.

    However when I hit 'OK' the rip only includes track 1, instead of 1/13.

    Can you advise how I can get I can rip an entire CD (13 tracks) into one WAV
    or MP3 file?

    Interestingly the file that IS output is a '.cue' file - where I would
    expect a '.WAV' or '.MP3' file as selected.

    Many thanks.

    Si
    Si, Dec 24, 2006

  2. Howdy!

    "Si" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > Im using CDEX 1.70 beta (UNICODE BUILD).
    >
    > Im trying to rip an entire CD into one WAV or MP3 file using the 'Extract

    > section of the CD to WAV or Compressed audio file(s)' option as describes

    in
    > the Help files.
    >
    > When I do everything appears as normal, as shown in the Help files.
    >
    > However when I hit 'OK' the rip only includes track 1, instead of 1/13.
    >
    > Can you advise how I can get I can rip an entire CD (13 tracks) into one

    WAV
    > or MP3 file?

    Use the "Extract a whole CD" option.

    Or select all the tracts - the "Extract a section" option requires
    you to select the tracks you want to rip.

    OR - you COULD read the help files included with the program.

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Dec 25, 2006

  3. Si

    Si Guest

    Hi Ralf

    I have trawled the CDEX Help files for a solution but nothin in there -
    trust me.

    You mention a 'Use the "Extract a whole CD" option' - where would I find
    that exactly in 1.7 BETA?

    You also mention I should 'select all the tracks - the "Extract a section"
    option requires
    you to select the tracks you want to rip'. If you read my post properly
    you'd see thats what Im tryin to do.

    However when I hit 'OK' the rip only includes track 1/1, instead of 1/13.

    And Im yet to find out why the file that IS output is a '.cue' file - where
    I would
    expect a '.WAV' or '.MP3' file as selected - again no mention of '.cue'
    files in the CDEX Help.

    Thanks anyway.

    Anyone else got any ideas to help?

    Si