CD Writing error?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Daz, Feb 10, 2004.

  1. Daz

    Daz Guest

    Hi,

    I have lost the facility to write to any blank discs.
    I know it is not the discs as a friend has successfully burned to them.
    I also know it is not my CDRW drive as I AM able to add files to a
    previously written CD and burn with no problems, so the only problem is not
    being able to write for the first time to a new disc.
    I have even tried a multitude of different discs, just in case, but still no
    luck.
    I am using the built in function of Win XP to write/copy these files to disc
    and have been successfully doing this for nearly 2 years!
    Something appears to have changed. Does the writing process have to perform
    some sort of initialise or open session to enable you to be able to write to
    the disc?
    Any help would be much appreciated.

    Daz.

    This email has been scanned by Norton Internet Security software and is
    virus free!

    Daz, Feb 10, 2004