    or since my computer can use this cd writer as a CD ROM can I presume that
    the default win98 drivers are OK

    stuart
    Stuart, Aug 30, 2004

  2. Stuart

    Jamco Guest

    you don't need a driver for a cd-burner
    I just sold my 48speed burner for $10, so hopefully you didn't pay anything
    for an 8x burner.

    Try downloading and installing nero
    www.nero.com

    Jamco, Aug 30, 2004

  3. Stuart

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    "Stuart" <> wrote in message
    > Just got myself a second hand CD writer (TEAC W58E 8/8/32) for a win 98

    PC.
    > The device works fine as a cd ROM but how do I write to it, presumably I
    > need some software, but what ?
    >
    > Also I didn't get any driver with this CD Writer will I need to get a

    driver
    > or since my computer can use this cd writer as a CD ROM can I presume that
    > the default win98 drivers are OK

    the cd burner proggie contains the necessary drivers.
    use emule to download your favourite burning proggie...

    nero is a top choice

    -a|ex
    127.0.0.1, Aug 31, 2004