    Quick question, I wrote my photo colection to a CD and the next day,
    added a file and doing so, it erased the original files. Any help here
    please...
    Roland, Aug 4, 2003

  2. Roland

    STIG Guest

    It didn't erase the files, they're still there but you won't be able to see
    them until you finalize the cd.

    Rob.

    STIG, Aug 4, 2003

  3. Roland

    Charlie Guest

    On 4 Aug 2003 08:49:18 -0700, (Roland)
    wrote:

    >Quick question, I wrote my photo colection to a CD and the next day,
    >added a file and doing so, it erased the original files. Any help here
    >please...

    We really need some more information, like how did you write the new
    file, how did you write the original files, etc, but I'll make a few
    guesses;

    If you wrote the original files by mastering the disc, writing track
    at once, and choosing to close the session but leave the CD open, then
    the chances are that your original files are there, but unavailable
    because you neglected to import the privious session. You can recover
    access to them by using your mastering program to open that earlier
    session (available on only some programs) or getting a utility
    designed to do exactly that.

    OTOH, you might have written to the disc using something like Direct
    CD, which allows you to format the CD and then use it as a large
    floppy disc. This is called "packet writing" and is subject to many
    problems, even more when used with CDRW media (and you don't mention
    whether you used CDR or CDRW media).

    So post the details of just exactly what you did in each step, and I'm
    sure someone can help.
    --
    Charlie Hoffpauir
    If you really want to reply via email, my valid
    Charlie, Aug 4, 2003
  4. Roland

    Roland Guest

    Thanks for your help. I am using CD's that cant be re-written to only
    and using software that came with the Sony CDRW. The software is NTI
    CD_Maker 2000 plus and just selected the Data CD icon. The window
    didnt show any data in the CD, I just draged the file to copy and
    presto. I didnt see any options mentioning mastering or leaving the CD
    open.
    The software looks childish and would like a recomendation on which
    software to use or is this NTI an acceptable program?

    Roland, Aug 5, 2003