    today and it wont come till after xmas now, but I want to make sure before I
    ring them next week in case the royal mail have lost it

    Dave
    Dragon, Dec 24, 2004

  2. Dragon

    mark Guest

    "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    news:qM1zd.10496$...
    > Just though I would ask has anyone else had any orders from a week or so
    > back that haven't turned up for xmas. I ordered Fungus the bogeyman on

    the
    > 14-12 shipped 16-12 said it would take 5-7 days to arrive but nothing as
    > today and it wont come till after xmas now, but I want to make sure before

    > ring them next week in case the royal mail have lost it

    I ordered 3 titles on the 16th, all in stock. They shipped on the 18th. Only
    1 turned up before xmas....

    First and last time for me with cd-wow. Each year there's always 1 retailer
    that seems to let me down at xmas time.
    mark, Dec 24, 2004

  3. Dragon

    P Pron Guest

    Dragon wrote:
    > Just though I would ask has anyone else had any orders from a week or
    > so back that haven't turned up for xmas. I ordered Fungus the
    > bogeyman on the 14-12 shipped 16-12 said it would take 5-7 days to
    > arrive but nothing as today and it wont come till after xmas now, but
    > I want to make sure before I ring them next week in case the royal
    > mail have lost it
    > Dave

    5-7 days is the standard estimate that they always give, all year.

    With squillions of extra items in the postal system around the Christmas
    period, it would be pretty surprising if delivery times didn't slip a bit in
    December - particularly when the goods are coming from overseas, and have
    the additional bottleneck of Customs to go through.

    Do them a favour and _don't_ ring next week; they'll be running with a
    reduced staff, and are unlikely to do anything until the New Year anyway....

    Merry Christmas!

    paul
    P Pron, Dec 24, 2004
  4. Dragon

    Tumbleweed Guest

    "mark" <> wrote in message

    > "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    >> Just though I would ask has anyone else had any orders from a week or so
    >> back that haven't turned up for xmas. I ordered Fungus the bogeyman on

    > the
    >> 14-12 shipped 16-12 said it would take 5-7 days to arrive but nothing as
    >> today and it wont come till after xmas now, but I want to make sure
    >> before

    >> ring them next week in case the royal mail have lost it

    > I ordered 3 titles on the 16th, all in stock. They shipped on the 18th.
    > Only
    > 1 turned up before xmas....
    >
    > First and last time for me with cd-wow. Each year there's always 1
    > retailer
    > that seems to let me down at xmas time.

    How do you make that CD Wows fault?

    --
    Tumbleweed

    tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com
    Tumbleweed, Dec 25, 2004
  5. Dragon wrote:
    > Just though I would ask has anyone else had any orders from a week or so
    > back that haven't turned up for xmas. I ordered Fungus the bogeyman on the
    > 14-12 shipped 16-12 said it would take 5-7 days to arrive but nothing as
    > today and it wont come till after xmas now, but I want to make sure before I
    > ring them next week in case the royal mail have lost it
    >
    > Dave

    I ordered 2 items on the.. 19th of December. They were shipped on the
    20th Dec and I got them on the 23rd. Personally, I think CDWow are
    pretty quick on delivery.

    Whereas on the 1st of Dec I ordered 2 things from dvd.co.uk - usually
    arrives in about 5 days, on the 14th they hadn't turned up. Emailed
    them, they were going to take it up with the RM and send out
    replacements. It's now the 25th Dec and they still haven't turned up. If
    anything I blame those posties myself! :-C
    Emma Rouse-Deane, Dec 25, 2004
  6. "mark" <> wrote in message

    > "Dragon" <> wrote in message
    >> Just though I would ask has anyone else had any orders from a week or so
    >> back that haven't turned up for xmas. I ordered Fungus the bogeyman on

    > the
    >> 14-12 shipped 16-12 said it would take 5-7 days to arrive but nothing as
    >> today and it wont come till after xmas now, but I want to make sure
    >> before

    >> ring them next week in case the royal mail have lost it

    > I ordered 3 titles on the 16th, all in stock. They shipped on the 18th.
    > Only
    > 1 turned up before xmas....
    >
    > First and last time for me with cd-wow. Each year there's always 1
    > retailer
    > that seems to let me down at xmas time.

    It's your fault for waiting until 8 days before xmas to order. Get orders in
    early, gives plenty of time to allow for the slow post office. Everything of
    mine was ordered by the 11th at the latest, most the end of Nov, beginiing
    Dec. The one thing that failed to arrive was quickly replaced and sent
    special delivery at the companies expense.

    Heckler ²°°³, Dec 25, 2004
  7. Dragon

    luminos Guest

    You must have very bad shipping in the UK. I ordered Wednesday the 22 at 2
    pm, and an order from New York to the west coast arrived today, Christmas
    Eve. $4.95 special shipping.

    luminos, Dec 25, 2004
  8. Dragon

    P Pron Guest

    luminos wrote:
    > You must have very bad shipping in the UK. I ordered Wednesday the
    > 22 at 2 pm, and an order from New York to the west coast arrived
    > today, Christmas Eve. $4.95 special shipping.

    Try and keep up, luminos - CD-Wow ship from _Hong Kong_, and don't charge
    for doing so.
    There is no comparison between this and a paid-for special delivery within
    the USA.

    paul
    P Pron, Dec 25, 2004
  9. Dragon

    Sprite Guest

    "P Pron" <> wrote in message
    > luminos wrote:
    >> You must have very bad shipping in the UK. I ordered Wednesday the
    >> 22 at 2 pm, and an order from New York to the west coast arrived
    >> today, Christmas Eve. $4.95 special shipping.
    >>

    > Try and keep up, luminos - CD-Wow ship from _Hong Kong_, and don't charge
    > for doing so.
    > There is no comparison between this and a paid-for special delivery within
    > the USA.
    >
    > paul

    Not to mention that "Special Shipping/Delivery" would infact secure us Next
    Day delivery, so not all bad ;-)

    --
    Sue
    Sprite, Dec 26, 2004
  10. Dragon

    luminos Guest

    "P Pron" <> wrote in message
    > luminos wrote:
    >> You must have very bad shipping in the UK. I ordered Wednesday the
    >> 22 at 2 pm, and an order from New York to the west coast arrived
    >> today, Christmas Eve. $4.95 special shipping.
    >>

    > Try and keep up, luminos - CD-Wow ship from _Hong Kong_, and don't charge
    > for doing so.
    > There is no comparison between this and a paid-for special delivery within
    > the USA.
    >
    > paul

    I had no intention of researching where CD-Wow was. Why should I? My
    assuption it was in the UK came from your address.
    luminos, Dec 26, 2004
  11. Dragon

    Tumbleweed Guest

    "luminos" <> wrote in message

    > "P Pron" <> wrote in message
    >> luminos wrote:
    >>> You must have very bad shipping in the UK. I ordered Wednesday the
    >>> 22 at 2 pm, and an order from New York to the west coast arrived
    >>> today, Christmas Eve. $4.95 special shipping.
    >>>

    >> Try and keep up, luminos - CD-Wow ship from _Hong Kong_, and don't charge
    >> for doing so.
    >> There is no comparison between this and a paid-for special delivery
    >> within the USA.
    >>
    >> paul
    >>

    > I had no intention of researching where CD-Wow was. Why should I?

    Because it makes a critical difference as to how long something would take
    to arrive, maybe? Jeez what a doofus.

    Tumbleweed, Dec 26, 2004
  12. Dragon

    luminos Guest

    "Tumbleweed" <> wrote in message

    > "luminos" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "P Pron" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>> Try and keep up, luminos - CD-Wow ship from _Hong Kong_, and don't
    >>> charge for doing so.
    >>> There is no comparison between this and a paid-for special delivery
    >>> within the USA.
    >>>
    >>> paul
    >>>

    >> I had no intention of researching where CD-Wow was. Why should I?

    > Because it makes a critical difference as to how long something would take
    > to arrive, maybe? Jeez what a doofus.
    >
    > --
    > Tumbleweed
    >
    > email replies not necessary but to contact use;
    > tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

    Idiot. Get lost. Leave.
    luminos, Dec 26, 2004