    music against illegal copying, but will actually work on your Music
    Players.

    John

    John, Aug 2, 2005

  2. John

    Chris Lanier Guest

    SACD has such a thick payer of protection they are not playable at all in
    PC's.

    --
    ---
    Chris

    Chris Lanier, Aug 2, 2005

  3. John

    A to the L Guest

    On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 01:26:41 +0100, John <> wrote:

    >I bought Bobby Valentinos new album at the weekend. It had that copy
    >protection nonsense on the CD that thus rendered it unplayable on the
    >only CD player I have, the one on my computer. I took the album back
    >today for a full refund.
    >
    >It is not the first album I have returned because it wouldn't play in
    >my CD Drive. There seems to be an ever increasing number of CDs that
    >wont work. Looks like I will have to make do with recording some of
    >his music off the radio or seeing it on MTV.
    >
    >When will the music industry and recording artists learn?
    >
    >The sooner one of these new formats takes over the reigns from CDs,
    >i.e. DVD-A or SACD the better. With any luck they will protect the
    >music against illegal copying, but will actually work on your Music
    >Players.
    >
    >John

    draw around the edge with a permanent marker...

    A to the L

    "if someone made a pie with lil jon's face baked on it that would be amazing"
    Contradictory Hiphop truth with a bitter and twisted attitude
    http://www.altrap.com

    A to the L, Aug 2, 2005
  4. John

    Fakename Guest

    When it is rejected by the consumer. Until it becomes unprofitable for
    them to pull this crap they will continue to do so.

    And before someone says something about piracy hurting the music
    industry they had better have the cold hard facts to back that up. I've
    seen a lot of research that concludes piracy IS NOT hurting the music
    industry. Piracy is just their scapegoat for changing consumer trends.
    So anti-piracy technology is not necessary.

    Fakename, Aug 2, 2005
  5. John wrote:

    > I bought Bobby Valentinos new album at the weekend. It had that copy
    > protection nonsense on the CD that thus rendered it unplayable on the
    > only CD player I have, the one on my computer. I took the album back
    > today for a full refund.
    >
    > It is not the first album I have returned because it wouldn't play in
    > my CD Drive. There seems to be an ever increasing number of CDs that
    > wont work. Looks like I will have to make do with recording some of
    > his music off the radio or seeing it on MTV.
    >
    > When will the music industry and recording artists learn?
    >
    > The sooner one of these new formats takes over the reigns from CDs,
    > i.e. DVD-A or SACD the better. With any luck they will protect the
    > music against illegal copying, but will actually work on your Music
    > Players.

    Have a look at this:

    http://photomatt.net/2005/05/13/dave-matthews-stand-up/

    There is no limit to how badly they penalise genuine fans. I sometimes
    wonder if DRM will somehow be used to lock CD's as well. Maybe our old CD
    players will no longer be compatible with these 'new' CD's... not to
    mention the impact of DRM on certain computer platforms, processors, etc.
    They are just adding a thick layer of complexity that benefit nobody and
    fights piracy as effectively as CCTV inside one's computer case.

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz
    http://Schestowitz.com

    Roy Schestowitz, Aug 2, 2005
  6. John

    Jock Guest

    On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 01:26:41 +0100, John <> wrote:

    >I bought Bobby Valentinos new album at the weekend. It had that copy
    >protection nonsense on the CD that thus rendered it unplayable on the
    >only CD player I have, the one on my computer. I took the album back
    >today for a full refund.
    >
    >It is not the first album I have returned because it wouldn't play in
    >my CD Drive. There seems to be an ever increasing number of CDs that
    >wont work. Looks like I will have to make do with recording some of
    >his music off the radio or seeing it on MTV.
    >
    >When will the music industry and recording artists learn?
    >
    >The sooner one of these new formats takes over the reigns from CDs,
    >i.e. DVD-A or SACD the better. With any luck they will protect the
    >music against illegal copying, but will actually work on your Music
    >Players.

    They certainly do everything possible to prevent you
    listening to their recordings.

    Must have some link to the water companies during a
    hosepipe ban: spy in the sky to prevent you using
    their product ...

    Jock.

    --

    It is impossible to lick your elbow.