    'eject' works. Anyone had this problem before? Any workarounds? Help!

    TIA,
    Lane

    Lane, Jan 12, 2004

  2. Lane

    Mcploppy © Guest

    Lane bashed at the keyboard and said:
    > Can't get my cd tray to open. Neither the eject button or the software
    > 'eject' works. Anyone had this problem before? Any workarounds? Help!
    >
    > TIA,
    > Lane

    There is a small hole in the front just below the drawer.You can stick a
    pin/paper clip in there and the tray will open .

    --
    McPloppy ©

    { Remove both MyShoes to email me }
    { Homepage: http://tinyurl.com/bbel }
    { Local Radio: http://tinyurl.com/j1vi }
    { My Alternative Site: http://tinyurl.com/rynb }

    Mcploppy ©, Jan 12, 2004

  3. Lane

    Evil T Guest

    Lane wrote:
    > Can't get my cd tray to open. Neither the eject button or the software
    > 'eject' works. Anyone had this problem before? Any workarounds? Help!
    >
    > TIA,
    > Lane

    Are there any lights on? Power cable loose?

    If a disks is still in the drive, get a paperclip, push it into the tiny
    hole below the tray, the drive will pop out.

    Evil T, Jan 12, 2004
  4. On CD fascia should be small pin-type hole, insert paperclip end and
    depress. Should work a treat!

    John Stephenson, Jan 12, 2004
  5. Lane

    eddie Guest

    Hi
    If you look at your C.D. drawer you will see a very small hole what you do
    is insert a paper clip into this hole and your drawer will open just enough
    for you to pull it open I think what has happened is that the disk is
    stuck...
    Best of luck from Eddie

    eddie, Jan 12, 2004
  6. Lane

    Al Prezioso Guest

    There is a small pinhole on the front of the drive tray, open up a
    paperclip & insert it into the hole & firmly push in which forces the
    tray out ejecting the disk.

    Al Prezioso, Jan 13, 2004
  7. Lane

    Lane Guest

    I'm thinking I may have a dodgy power plug.. I unplugged the one I was
    using and switched for another. Works as advertised! <shrug>
    Btw, the ol' paper clip trick worked fine but evidently the drive wasn't
    getting enough power to run the electro-mechanical part. When I tried
    accessing it from explorer, I got the "Drive not ready" notice. Checked
    it out in MyComputer/System. Seemed fine there, so broke down and opened
    the case and did the switch.

    Thanks for all the reminders about the paperclip. I'd forgotten that
    one.<grin>

    Lane

    Lane, Jan 13, 2004
  8. Lane

    odarp88

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    omg

    MY DVD RAM DRIVE (E:) WONT OPEN. BTW MY COMPUTER DOESNT HAVE A HOLE IN IT! SO THERES NO WAY OF OPENING MINE WITH A PAPERCLIP WITHOUT A HOLE! ANYONE KNOW HOW TO OPEN IT OTHER THAN REPEATEDLY PRESSING (EJECT) CUZ MINE STILL WONT OPEN!!

    odarp88, Sep 21, 2010
  9. Lane

    youby

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    1) Turn off and unplug PC.
    2) Get a powerdrill and make a small hole in the front of the CD Tray..
    3) Insert a paperclip into small hole and push.
    4) If this does not work (which is likely), insert a small fishhook barb into the hole and pull.
    You never know what you might catch;)

    youby, Dec 9, 2012
  10. Lane

    NotATroller