    and I may even be asking the wrong group...but can anyone give me an
    idea how i can actually VIEW these photos? Thanks. Barb
    , Aug 19, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > I have a CD with photos (from Walmart). I used their Wal-Mart Digital
    > Photo Center like I have in the past. When I hit "import"....i MUST
    > be doing something wrong.....i can't SEE any photos...it says Zero
    > Photos.... where are my pictures. I know this is a dumb question
    > and I may even be asking the wrong group...but can anyone give me an
    > idea how i can actually VIEW these photos? Thanks. Barb

    First, where is the "Import" button you are talking about "When I hit
    "import" ? Windows does not have that as a feature it is likely a third
    party program.

    Does it ask you to tell it where the images are?

    It could be that they use to include an auto run program on the CD that
    would do that and that might have changed. We need to know a little more.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit
    Joseph Meehan, Aug 19, 2006

  3. Tom G Guest

    <> wrote in message
    >I have a CD with photos (from Walmart). I used their Wal-Mart Digital
    > Photo Center like I have in the past. When I hit "import"....i MUST be
    > doing something wrong.....i can't SEE any photos...it says Zero
    > Photos.... where are my pictures. I know this is a dumb question
    > and I may even be asking the wrong group...but can anyone give me an
    > idea how i can actually VIEW these photos? Thanks. Barb

    I open "My Pictures", then go to the menu along the left and find "Other
    Places". Open "My Computer", look for the CD drive and open that. You
    should then see your pictures or at least a folder that you can open and see
    your pictures. To save them to a "My Pictures" folder, select the desired
    photos and on the left menu, click on "copy to" and select or make a new
    folder and hit save. By the way, I've used WalMart a couple of times to
    make a CD of film I had them process. The files are pretty small with lots
    of .jpeg artifacts. I found that if, when I saved them to my computer, I
    changed the file from .jpeg to .bmp, I got files that printed out much
    better.

    Tom G.
    Tom G, Aug 20, 2006