CD-Text

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by John, Apr 29, 2005.

  1. John

    John Guest

    I think I have finally found out why my audio CDs didn't contain the
    CD-Text after burning.

    I have the Pioneer DVR-109 CD/DVD-RW, and after double checking the
    Pioneer site, I can only see CD-Text supported in reading not writing!
    Doh! If this is definitely the case it really sucks. It is a
    completely new drive, so you'd expect it to be supported.

    I also have a Samsung CD-RW which, I took out my system to make room,
    and because I already have two 5.25" drives, a DVD-RW for burning
    DVDs, and a DVD-Rom, that can play all regions.

    I will have to buy a Ultra ATA card so I can plug in the Samsung
    again, hopefully that will support it? If not, I may have to go back
    to a really old Firewire external Yamaha 16x CD-RW I have and try my
    luck with that. If none of them work I'll have to go and buy a Sony
    CD-RW, that would surely have to work seen as they created the
    feature!

    As for software, apparently Windows Media Player doesn't support the
    reading of CD-Text from burned audio CDs according to the Nero Support
    reply I received the other day.

    It's been one thing after another this year so far for me. I have
    still got to test DVD-Lab to see if that works well for me.

    John

    John, Apr 29, 2005

  2. "John" <> wrote in message
    >I think I have finally found out why my audio CDs didn't contain the
    > CD-Text after burning.
    >
    > I have the >SNIP<
    >
    > It's been one thing after another this year so far for me. I have
    > still got to test DVD-Lab to see if that works well for me.
    >
    > John

    John you really need to get things in perspective. People are dying of
    disease and hunger all the time. You are not having a bad year.

    You have some minor technical problems which do not cause severe damage to
    your long term existance.

    http://ww.makepovertyhistory.org/

    **SS**

    secret squiddle, May 2, 2005