    possible to make a slideshow that played on DVD players that allowed
    you to manually flip from one image to the next with the remote?
    Thanks in advance.

    deezer, Oct 21, 2004

  2. deezer

    Dave Cohen Guest

    deezer wrote:

    > Hi. I had noticed that slideshows on CD are fairly rigid. You have to
    > set the time between each image etc...and I was wondering if it was
    > possible to make a slideshow that played on DVD players that allowed
    > you to manually flip from one image to the next with the remote?
    > Thanks in advance.

    Yes. There are some you can purchase (ulead is one, although I didn't
    care for the eval version). I just got an external LiteOn DVD burner and
    that came with sonic software lite that includes a decent slide show
    program (decent for free and something I wouldn't have payed for). That
    can be set to a fixed time or no auto advance. The dvd control can be
    used to navigate once you figure out which buttons do what on the remote.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Oct 21, 2004

  3. "deezer" <> wrote in message
    > Hi. I had noticed that slideshows on CD are fairly rigid. You have to
    > set the time between each image etc...and I was wondering if it was
    > possible to make a slideshow that played on DVD players that allowed
    > you to manually flip from one image to the next with the remote?
    > Thanks in advance.

    Some slide show software will let you format the hsow that way. I think
    Paint Shop Photo Album is one, though I haven't actually tried it on a VCD.

    Marvin Margoshes, Oct 21, 2004
  4. deezer

    Ross Guest

    VCom's DVD PhotoPlay allows manual advance in the creation stage.

    http://www.v-com.com/index.html

    Ross

    Ross, Oct 22, 2004
  5. deezer

    Bob Williams Guest

    deezer wrote:
    > Hi. I had noticed that slideshows on CD are fairly rigid. You have to
    > set the time between each image etc...and I was wondering if it was
    > possible to make a slideshow that played on DVD players that allowed
    > you to manually flip from one image to the next with the remote?
    > Thanks in advance.

    It's all in the DVD player rather than in any special way you create the
    CD. I just save a bunch of images on a CD in .jpeg format, just like I
    save them on my H.D. My DVD player is jpeg compatible (most players
    less than 2 years old are jpeg compatible) and it plays my CDs as a
    slideshow. It lets me choose between manual flipping or either of 3
    preset flipping speeds (about 4,8,12 seconds). It also lets me choose
    between about 10 transition effects.
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Oct 22, 2004
  6. deezer

    Dave Cohen Guest

    Marvin Margoshes wrote:
    > "deezer" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi. I had noticed that slideshows on CD are fairly rigid. You have to
    >>set the time between each image etc...and I was wondering if it was
    >>possible to make a slideshow that played on DVD players that allowed
    >>you to manually flip from one image to the next with the remote?
    >>Thanks in advance.

    > Some slide show software will let you format the hsow that way. I think
    > Paint Shop Photo Album is one, though I haven't actually tried it on a VCD.

    I've got MyDVD that came with Sonic software bundled with burner. You
    can select any fixed time or none. You can navigate forward or back with
    the remote regardless of setting. I imagine others would work the same way.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Oct 25, 2004
  7. deezer

    Dave Cohen Guest

    deezer wrote:

    > Hi. I had noticed that slideshows on CD are fairly rigid. You have to
    > set the time between each image etc...and I was wondering if it was
    > possible to make a slideshow that played on DVD players that allowed
    > you to manually flip from one image to the next with the remote?
    > Thanks in advance.

    MyDVD, part of the sonic software package lets you set the delay (or no
    delay) for each chapter. Is overridden by the remote (forward or
    backward). I imagine this would be true for any package.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Oct 26, 2004