    My wife and I each got our $13.86 checks for the class action suit
    today.

    Can hardly believe it.

    Richard C., Feb 25, 2004

  2. Richard   C.

    Justin Guest

    Richard C. wrote on [Tue, 24 Feb 2004 17:34:35 -0800]:
    > My wife and I each got our $13.86 checks for the class action suit
    > today.
    >
    > Can hardly believe it.

    As did we.

    Of course, how much more have we been ripped off over the years?

    Justin, Feb 25, 2004

  3. Richard   C.

    Impmon Guest

    Justin <> wrote in

    > Of course, how much more have we been ripped off over the years?

    Still waiting for the $50 rebate from Iomega... 6 years ago! I'm sure I've
    been ripped by a lot more in the past from inflated price tags and rebates
    that aren't honored.

    $13.86 did put half a tank of gas for my car.

    --
    To reply by email, change digi.mon to tds.net

    Impmon, Feb 25, 2004
  4. Richard   C.

    Rich Clark Guest

    "Richard C." <> wrote in message
    > My wife and I each got our $13.86 checks for the class action suit
    > today.
    >
    > Can hardly believe it.

    Yeah, wasn't that amazing? I'd forgotten all about it until it was mentioned
    on the radio earlier in the week. Even then I was surprised to get the
    check.

    RichC

    Rich Clark, Feb 25, 2004
  5. Richard   C.

    Shinner Guest

    Justin <> wrote in

    > Richard C. wrote on [Tue, 24 Feb 2004 17:34:35 -0800]:
    >> My wife and I each got our $13.86 checks for the class action suit
    >> today.
    >>
    >> Can hardly believe it.
    >>

    > As did we.
    >
    > Of course, how much more have we been ripped off over the years?

    The lawyers got rich though...

    Shinner, Feb 25, 2004
  6. Richard   C.

    McQualude Guest

    "Richard C." <> said:

    > My wife and I each got our $13.86 checks for the class action suit
    > today.

    Did you run out and buy a cd? Just curious.
    --
    McQualude

    McQualude, Feb 25, 2004
  7. Richard   C.

    Richard C. Guest

    "McQualude" <> wrote in message
    : "Richard C." <> said:
    :
    : > My wife and I each got our $13.86 checks for the class action suit
    : > today.
    :
    : Did you run out and buy a cd? Just curious.
    : --
    ==================
    I will use it to buy the new Norah Jones on SACD when it comes out.

    Richard C., Feb 25, 2004
  8. Richard   C.

    Richard C. Guest

    "Impmon" <> wrote in message
    :
    : Still waiting for the $50 rebate from Iomega... 6 years ago! I'm sure
    I've
    : been ripped by a lot more in the past from inflated price tags and
    rebates
    : that aren't honored.
    :
    ========================

    I can't recall a single rebate that I have not had honored.

    I do a lot of them...................

    Richard C., Feb 25, 2004
  9. Richard   C.

    Justin Guest

    Richard C. wrote on [Wed, 25 Feb 2004 06:51:16 -0800]:
    > "Impmon" <> wrote in message
    > :
    >: Still waiting for the $50 rebate from Iomega... 6 years ago! I'm sure
    > I've
    >: been ripped by a lot more in the past from inflated price tags and
    > rebates
    >: that aren't honored.
    > :
    > ========================
    >
    > I can't recall a single rebate that I have not had honored.
    >
    > I do a lot of them...................

    I've had bad luck with Circuit City rebates

    Justin, Feb 25, 2004
  10. On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:00:22 GMT, Justin <> wrote:

    >Richard C. wrote on [Wed, 25 Feb 2004 06:51:16 -0800]:
    >> "Impmon" <> wrote in message
    >> :
    >>: Still waiting for the $50 rebate from Iomega... 6 years ago! I'm sure
    >> I've
    >>: been ripped by a lot more in the past from inflated price tags and
    >> rebates
    >>: that aren't honored.
    >> :
    >> ========================
    >>
    >> I can't recall a single rebate that I have not had honored.
    >>
    >> I do a lot of them...................
    >>

    >I've had bad luck with Circuit City rebates

    Office Max is another one. Horrible.

    Phatty Boombatty, Feb 25, 2004
  11. Richard   C.

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Richard C. wrote:
    > "Impmon" <> wrote in message
    > :
    > : Still waiting for the $50 rebate from Iomega... 6 years ago! I'm sure
    > I've
    > : been ripped by a lot more in the past from inflated price tags and
    > rebates
    > : that aren't honored.
    > :
    > ========================
    >
    > I can't recall a single rebate that I have not had honored.
    >
    > I do a lot of them...................

    You must not do rebates from CompUSA. I've done three with them and
    NONE of them were honored. Every other rebate that I've done has been
    honored.

    dick

    Dick Sidbury, Feb 25, 2004
  12. "Dick Sidbury" <> wrote in message
    > Richard C. wrote:
    > > "Impmon" <> wrote in message
    > > :
    > > : Still waiting for the $50 rebate from Iomega... 6 years ago! I'm sure
    > > I've
    > > : been ripped by a lot more in the past from inflated price tags and
    > > rebates
    > > : that aren't honored.
    > > :
    > > ========================
    > >
    > > I can't recall a single rebate that I have not had honored.
    > >
    > > I do a lot of them...................
    > >

    > You must not do rebates from CompUSA. I've done three with them and
    > NONE of them were honored. Every other rebate that I've done has been
    > honored.

    I get pretty anal over mail-in rebates. I make sure I have all the
    contact info off the forms before mailing them off. If it's for a
    substantial amount of dough ($50+) I always send them certified mail as
    well. As soon as the 6-8 week waiting period is over I start calling and
    bugging them till I get my check. :) Always seems to work for me.

    The worst rebate people I dealt with was Diamond years ago when I bought
    a Voodoo II card for my old computer. I think the rebate was $50 or $75. I
    called them a couple times bugging them after a couple moths of waiting and
    finally asked for a manager. The manager put me on hold for about 20
    minutes while they looked for my rebate. After holding they said they found
    it, and I got a hand written check about a week later. You just have to be
    persistant with these bastards.

    Aaron

    Aaron R. Schnuth, Feb 25, 2004
  13. Richard   C.

    Justin Guest

    Aaron R. Schnuth wrote on [Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:52:46 GMT]:

    > I get pretty anal over mail-in rebates. I make sure I have all the
    > contact info off the forms before mailing them off. If it's for a
    > substantial amount of dough ($50+) I always send them certified mail as
    > well. As soon as the 6-8 week waiting period is over I start calling and
    > bugging them till I get my check. :) Always seems to work for me.
    >
    > The worst rebate people I dealt with was Diamond years ago when I bought
    > a Voodoo II card for my old computer. I think the rebate was $50 or $75. I
    > called them a couple times bugging them after a couple moths of waiting and
    > finally asked for a manager. The manager put me on hold for about 20
    > minutes while they looked for my rebate. After holding they said they found
    > it, and I got a hand written check about a week later. You just have to be
    > persistant with these bastards.

    Which is just bullshit. It takes so much time to worry about these damn
    rebates

    Justin, Feb 25, 2004
  14. Richard   C.

    HiTechMan Guest

    Richard C. wrote:
    > My wife and I each got our $13.86 checks for the class action suit
    > today.
    >
    > Can hardly believe it.

    Got mine today!

    HiTechMan, Feb 26, 2004
  15. Richard   C.

    Boris Guest

    "Aaron R. Schnuth" <> wrote in message
    > I get pretty anal over mail-in rebates. I make sure I have all

    the
    > contact info off the forms before mailing them off. If it's for a
    > substantial amount of dough ($50+) I always send them certified mail

    as
    > well. As soon as the 6-8 week waiting period is over I start calling

    and
    > bugging them till I get my check. :) Always seems to work for me.

    Why jump through all the hoops? Just do a search on a price engine and
    you will find it for the same net cost.

    Boris, Feb 26, 2004
  16. Richard   C.

    Justin Guest

    Boris wrote on [Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:10:26 -0800]:

    > "Aaron R. Schnuth" <> wrote in message
    >> I get pretty anal over mail-in rebates. I make sure I have all

    > the
    >> contact info off the forms before mailing them off. If it's for a
    >> substantial amount of dough ($50+) I always send them certified mail

    > as
    >> well. As soon as the 6-8 week waiting period is over I start calling

    > and
    >> bugging them till I get my check. :) Always seems to work for me.
    >>

    > Why jump through all the hoops? Just do a search on a price engine and
    > you will find it for the same net cost.

    Not true.

    Justin, Feb 26, 2004
  17. Richard   C.

    Film Buff Guest

    The worst experience i have had has been with NORTON
    I sent in for their $50.00 Systemworks Rebate and they sent a postcard saying the rebate could not be honored
    because I sent in the WRONG UPC Barcode!!!!!
    I checked the box (lucky I saved it) and their is only ONE barcode on their box so I called them and told them and they told me
    "No - There is the store barcode and our special barcode on the side that is used for the rebate"
    I told them there was only one barcode on the box and I mailed it to them
    all they said was "Sorry"
    NORTON is the worst and by the way there was no barcode on either side of the box - they just did not want to honor
    their so-called rebate

    Film Buff, Feb 26, 2004
  18. Richard   C.

    Richard C. Guest

    "Boris" <> wrote in message
    :
    : "Aaron R. Schnuth" <> wrote in message
    : news:OO8%b.8538$...
    : > I get pretty anal over mail-in rebates. I make sure I have all
    : the
    : > contact info off the forms before mailing them off. If it's for a
    : > substantial amount of dough ($50+) I always send them certified mail
    : as
    : > well. As soon as the 6-8 week waiting period is over I start
    calling
    : and
    : > bugging them till I get my check. :) Always seems to work for me.
    : >
    :
    : Why jump through all the hoops? Just do a search on a price engine and
    : you will find it for the same net cost.
    :
    ====================
    Not true at all.
    With combined store and mfg rebates, I get a lot of items for FREE!
    That is ZERO cost (except the under $1.00 in postage).

    Richard C., Feb 26, 2004
  19. Richard   C.

    Justin Guest

    Richard C. wrote on [Thu, 26 Feb 2004 06:58:31 -0800]:
    > "Boris" <> wrote in message
    > :
    >: "Aaron R. Schnuth" <> wrote in message
    >: news:OO8%b.8538$...
    >: > I get pretty anal over mail-in rebates. I make sure I have all
    >: the
    >: > contact info off the forms before mailing them off. If it's for a
    >: > substantial amount of dough ($50+) I always send them certified mail
    >: as
    >: > well. As soon as the 6-8 week waiting period is over I start
    > calling
    >: and
    >: > bugging them till I get my check. :) Always seems to work for me.
    >: >
    > :
    >: Why jump through all the hoops? Just do a search on a price engine and
    >: you will find it for the same net cost.
    > :
    > ====================
    > Not true at all.
    > With combined store and mfg rebates, I get a lot of items for FREE!
    > That is ZERO cost (except the under $1.00 in postage).

    And some time. But yes, I can often get things for significantly cheaper
    via rebate. CD Burners for $10 for example.

    Justin, Feb 26, 2004
  20. Richard   C.

    Dick Sidbury Guest

    Richard C. wrote:
    > "Boris" <> wrote in message
    > :
    > : "Aaron R. Schnuth" <> wrote in message
    > : news:OO8%b.8538$...
    > : > I get pretty anal over mail-in rebates. I make sure I have all
    > : the
    > : > contact info off the forms before mailing them off. If it's for a
    > : > substantial amount of dough ($50+) I always send them certified mail
    > : as
    > : > well. As soon as the 6-8 week waiting period is over I start
    > calling
    > : and
    > : > bugging them till I get my check. :) Always seems to work for me.
    > : >
    > :
    > : Why jump through all the hoops? Just do a search on a price engine and
    > : you will find it for the same net cost.
    > :
    > Not true at all.
    > With combined store and mfg rebates, I get a lot of items for FREE!
    > That is ZERO cost (except the under $1.00 in postage).

    plus the sales tax on the original price.

    dick
    --assuming that you live in a state with sales tax. And three dollars
    for a hundred blank CDR's is a good deal.

    Dick Sidbury, Feb 26, 2004