    some spyware/adware/hijacker or the virus itself corrupted the device
    driver. Right now i'm stumped...any suggestions?
    Thanks

    desperado, Sep 12, 2004

  2. desperado

    Thor Guest

    "desperado" <> wrote in message
    news:JPZ0d.117583$...
    > Have a cd-rw (LG gce-8481b) & dvd-rom (LG gdr-8161b) on a gateway running
    > winXP mc. One day, they're not there. System says a problem occured

    trying
    > to start the devices....blah....blah....blah
    >
    > Uninstalled devices....reinstalled...and same prob, cannot start
    > devices...problem occured.
    >
    > The PC has a ton of spyware/adware....and a virus when I got a hold of
    > it....pretty much cleaned it out 99.9%, but same thing. I'm thinking

    either
    > some spyware/adware/hijacker or the virus itself corrupted the device
    > driver. Right now i'm stumped...any suggestions?
    > Thanks

    have you checked the cable?

    Thor, Sep 12, 2004

  3. desperado

    desperado Guest

    Not yet....was going to unplug both..boot up/shut down then reconnect and
    try again...but the pc is not with me, so I wanted to get more suggestions
    b4 I go back to it...anything else you think it might be aside from the
    cables? thanks

    desperado, Sep 12, 2004
  4. desperado

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    Similar thing happened to me before, I re-installed the ATAPI drivers.

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Sep 12, 2004