CD RW / CD RWR :- What's the differance

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Win, Apr 5, 2005.

  1. Win

    Win Guest

    So I like to know everything

    but don't know that answer to what is the difference between cd rw and cd
    rwr

    Please advise

    And to prove I know everything "Yea right!"

    rabbits eat there food twice

    that's right

    you see they are a bit terrified of eagles and other big birds that swoop
    down on them and carry them away in their talons

    so when above ground they eat real fast, really really fast

    so fast they don't digest their food

    then back in their barrow the bunny lays little food pallets

    which it then eats again

    yum undigested grass poup

    for other amazing trivial facts check out other amazing trivia facts at
    google

    I never have but then I know everything don't I
    Win, Apr 5, 2005

  2. Win

    * Guest

    Hi Win, You told me:

    > So I like to know everything
    >
    > but don't know that answer to what is the difference between cd rw
    > and cd rwr
    >
    > Please advise

    Web Results 1 - 100 of about 1,310 for cdrwr. (2.46 seconds)
    *, Apr 5, 2005

  3. Win

    #! Guest

    Win wrote:

    > So I like to know everything
    >
    > but don't know that answer to what is the difference between cd rw and cd
    > rwr

    > for other amazing trivial facts check out other amazing trivia facts at
    > google

    Results 1 - 10 of about 14,700 for CD-RWR. (0.35 seconds)

    > Please advise

    Get Fucked.

    --
    #!
    (Mr Floppy)
    #!, Apr 5, 2005
  4. Win

    #! Guest

    * wrote:

    > Hi Win, You told me:
    >
    >> So I like to know everything
    >>
    >> but don't know that answer to what is the difference between cd rw
    >> and cd rwr
    >>
    >> Please advise

    > Web Results 1 - 100 of about 1,310 for cdrwr. (2.46 seconds)

    LOL, bastard!, beat me to it!

    --
    #!
    (Mr Floppy)
    #!, Apr 5, 2005
  5. Win

    Win Guest

    "*" <*@*.*> wrote in message
    > Hi Win, You told me:
    >
    >> So I like to know everything
    >>
    >> but don't know that answer to what is the difference between cd rw
    >> and cd rwr
    >>
    >> Please advise

    > Web Results 1 - 100 of about 1,310 for cdrwr. (2.46 seconds)

    Well aint you cleaver
    I I needed to use advice on how to use google I would have asked
    I looked for about an hour and found nothing revalant
    rubish in rubbish out
    I can but a cd rwr but what is dose ????
    so thank you for your google search result
    but it was about as usfull as a hijack this list
    Win, Apr 5, 2005
  6. "#!" <nospam@****--you.com> wrote in message
    > Win wrote:
    >
    >> So I like to know everything
    >>
    >> but don't know that answer to what is the difference between cd rw and cd
    >> rwr

    >> for other amazing trivial facts check out other amazing trivia facts at
    >> google

    > Results 1 - 10 of about 14,700 for CD-RWR. (0.35 seconds)
    >

    >> Please advise

    > Get Fucked.
    >
    > --
    > #!
    > (Mr Floppy)

    Usual helpful response for this group. I've been using, and occasionally
    even building computers for ten years - never heard of CD-RWR. Okay, I
    thought, something new. I don't really keep up on this stuff until I need it
    for something, anyway.

    Googled it as the typical rude reply suggested.

    Guess what? Nothing useful, CD-RWR drives for sale, but not one mention of
    exactly what they are, or how they differ from CD-R or RW.

    I did notice many of the hits were for Russian sites.

    So does anybody have a straight-up answer? What if anything differentiates
    a CD-RWR from the standard types?

    Note to rudesters - you aren't getting under my skin, so if you go for it
    that way, it's only to please your own selves. Have fun.

    Mark Z.
    Mark D. Zacharias, Apr 5, 2005
  7. Win

    Aquanaut Guest

    "Mark D. Zacharias" <> wrote in message

    > "#!" <nospam@****--you.com> wrote in message
    >> Win wrote:
    >>
    >>> So I like to know everything
    >>>
    >>> but don't know that answer to what is the difference between cd rw and
    >>> cd
    >>> rwr

    >>> for other amazing trivial facts check out other amazing trivia facts at
    >>> google

    >> Results 1 - 10 of about 14,700 for CD-RWR. (0.35 seconds)
    >>

    >>> Please advise

    >> Get Fucked.
    >>
    >> --
    >> #!
    >> (Mr Floppy)

    > Usual helpful response for this group. I've been using, and occasionally
    > even building computers for ten years - never heard of CD-RWR. Okay, I
    > thought, something new. I don't really keep up on this stuff until I need
    > it for something, anyway.
    >
    > Googled it as the typical rude reply suggested.
    >
    > Guess what? Nothing useful, CD-RWR drives for sale, but not one mention of
    > exactly what they are, or how they differ from CD-R or RW.
    >
    > I did notice many of the hits were for Russian sites.
    >
    > So does anybody have a straight-up answer? What if anything
    > differentiates a CD-RWR from the standard types?
    >
    > Note to rudesters - you aren't getting under my skin, so if you go for it
    > that way, it's only to please your own selves. Have fun.
    >
    > Mark Z.

    not so much as a difference--more a combination.
    portions of the disc are read only/portions are rw.
    generally used for interactive content---i.e you copy a photo of yourself
    into the interactive(rw) area, play the disc and you become the character in
    the story/game.
    some examples
    http://www.shopping-headquarters.com/storeowners/rwr-innovations.asp
    Aquanaut, Apr 5, 2005
  8. Win

    Win Guest

    Yep Mark Im the same building P.C's and not keeping up witheverything
    I recon it is just a marketing ploy

    Maybe they can burn cd's that play in music systems with more acurity

    "Mark D. Zacharias" <> wrote in message

    > "#!" <nospam@****--you.com> wrote in message
    >> Win wrote:
    >>
    >>> So I like to know everything
    >>>
    >>> but don't know that answer to what is the difference between cd rw and
    >>> cd
    >>> rwr

    Win, Apr 5, 2005
  9. Win

    Win Guest

    Well done go to the top of the class
    And quite a cool Idea it is to
    Thanks

    Win, Apr 5, 2005
  10. Win

    neville Guest

    Ive got a cd/rw.Its a cd player that plays cds and you can copy them.

    neville, Apr 5, 2005
  11. Win

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 20:44:47 +1200, "Win" <>
    wrote:

    >And to prove I know everything "Yea right!"
    >
    >rabbits eat there food twice

    Obviously Mr. Know Everything doesn't know you start a sentence with a
    capital letter. Nor does he know the difference between there and
    their.

    >that's right

    Sure is.

    >I never have but then I know everything don't I

    Except proper sentence structure.
    Evan Platt, Apr 5, 2005
  12. Win

    trout Guest

    Mark D. Zacharias wrote:

    > Usual helpful response for this group.

    And which group would that be; of the four to which you cross-posted
    a reply to a troll?
    --
    Helpful, indeed.
    trout, Apr 5, 2005
  13. Win

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 20:44:47 +1200, "Win" <> wrote:

    >So I like to know everything
    >
    >but don't know that answer to what is the difference between cd rw and cd
    >rwr

    The difference is that there is no such thing as cd rwr.

    Barry
    Barry OGrady, Apr 6, 2005
  14. Win

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 21:16:01 +1200, "Win" <> wrote:

    >"*" <*@*.*> wrote in message
    >> Hi Win, You told me:
    >>
    >>> So I like to know everything
    >>>
    >>> but don't know that answer to what is the difference between cd rw
    >>> and cd rwr
    >>>
    >>> Please advise

    >> Web Results 1 - 100 of about 1,310 for cdrwr. (2.46 seconds)

    >Well aint you cleaver
    >I I needed to use advice on how to use google I would have asked
    >I looked for about an hour and found nothing revalant
    >rubish in rubbish out
    >I can but a cd rwr but what is dose ????

    The dose would be one per computer.

    >so thank you for your google search result
    >but it was about as usfull as a hijack this list

    Looks like cdrwr is just a way of saying a cd burner that can do rw and r.

    Barry
    Barry OGrady, Apr 6, 2005
  15. Win

    Jason Guest

    ones is a cd writer and the other can re-write cds and the other cant

    Jason, Apr 6, 2005
  16. >
    >> not so much as a difference--more a combination.
    >> portions of the disc are read only/portions are rw.
    >> generally used for interactive content---i.e you copy a photo of yourself
    >> into the interactive(rw) area, play the disc and you become the character
    >> in the story/game.
    >> some examples
    >> http://www.shopping-headquarters.com/storeowners/rwr-innovations.asp

    Genuine thanks to you guys for the informative answer.

    Sometimes it's like pulling teeth around here.

    Mark Z.
    Mark D. Zacharias, Apr 6, 2005
  17. Win

    Damian Guest

    Mark D. Zacharias wrote:

    > Sometimes it's like pulling teeth around here.

    Do you really mean that you don't know that you're on the "Do Not Help"
    liszt? That's why we don't help you.
    Damian, Apr 6, 2005
  18. Win

    Exeter Guest

    On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 12:18:55 GMT, Aquanaut wrote:

    > not so much as a difference--more a combination.
    > portions of the disc are read only/portions are rw.
    > generally used for interactive content---i.e you copy a photo of yourself
    > into the interactive(rw) area, play the disc and you become the character in
    > the story/game.
    > some examples
    > http://www.shopping-headquarters.com/storeowners/rwr-innovations.asp

    That link refers to products from RWR Innovations
    (http://www.rwrinnovations.com/) not the general form of CD/RWR.

    In some of the former soviet states and parts of Europe rather
    than using CD-R/RW or CD-R/CD-RW burners are referred to as
    CD-RWR. For example if you search on *Sony CRX320E10* the
    American sites will call it a CD-R/RW the European sites will
    call it a CD-RWR.
    Exeter, Apr 6, 2005
  19. Win

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 20:15:06 +1200, "Jason" <>
    wrote:

    >ones is a cd writer and the other can re-write cds and the other cant

    Any reason you responded with that to my post?
    Evan Platt, Apr 6, 2005
  20. "Damian" <> wrote in message
    > Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
    >>
    >> Sometimes it's like pulling teeth around here.
    >>

    > Do you really mean that you don't know that you're on the "Do Not Help"
    > liszt? That's why we don't help you.

    Well, I know I got killfiled by a couple guys because I made the egregious
    error of top-posting a couple times.

    There can be no other reason I can think of, though I sure some of the
    "BWAHAHA"... CRETINS will be happy to supply several.

    That did bother me, I must confess. Over in my regular newsgroups, which are
    mainly rec.audio.tech and sci.electronics.repair, the guys don't care about
    that stuff, and since Outlook Express top-posts by default, I was never even
    aware that this was a "sin" until much more recently.

    I posted about this to my regular groups, and while there was some debate on
    the subject, the consensus was that those who were so nasty about
    top-posting were "BP snobs".

    Whether you believe it or not, I do have some expertise in technical, mainly
    hardware-related areas, and am happy to help others. Sometimes this might
    actually help someone on this group, say someone with a CD-ROM drive issue.
    I try to stay away replying on XP problems others are having, just trying to
    read those occasional informative posts and learn a bit myself. The
    rudesters etc make it annoying by having to wade through their junk.

    It does seem unfortunate to me that a newsgroup supposedly for the general
    benefit of XP users is apparently supposed to be an exclusive playground
    only for those who don't even need the help in the first place.

    Mark Z.
    Mark D. Zacharias, Apr 7, 2005