    look and first off in My Computer no CD-RW drive was showing only the C: and
    A: I checked all cables and connections. I decided to re-install their
    original CD which still did not show up. Next I took the new CD-RW over to
    my setup and checked that it was working correctly, which it is and the CD
    also. Re-installed the CD-RW and there it is in My Computer. The problem now
    is that when we insert a CD the computer reboots! after giving a message
    about some VxD. Anyone have any ideas?

    Thanks,
    cyberwraith

    cyberwraith, May 28, 2005

  2. cyberwraith

    HF Guest

    Take notice of the message. It relates to a missing driver.

    HF, May 28, 2005

  3. cyberwraith

    cyberwraith Guest

    OK this is the message given on the blue screen of death, BTW she is running
    Win 98 not 98SE.

    An exception OE has occured at 0028:C00490C in VxD VFAT (01) + 00007838.
    This was called from 0028:C182E620 in VxD voltrack (04) + 00000430. It may
    be possible to continue normally by pressing any keyu, etc. I am considering
    just reformatting and starting again, unless there is a quick fix?

    Take care one and all.
    cyberwraith

    cyberwraith, May 30, 2005