    Can one repair a CD Disk
    Got one cracked Not in Half as yet half way
    Need it carnt get one at all Replacements ?

    Lord Haw-Haw, Feb 11, 2004

  2. Lord Haw-Haw

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Lord Haw-Haw said:

    > Can one repair a CD Disk

    No.

    > Got one cracked Not in Half as yet half way
    > Need it carnt get one at all Replacements ?

    Stand your coffee cup on it and think about how you should have made a copy and
    kept it in a safe(r) place.

    Brian H¹©, Feb 11, 2004

  3. Lord Haw-Haw wrote:

    > Can one repair a CD Disk
    > Got one cracked Not in Half as yet half way
    > Need it carnt get one at all Replacements ?

    Technically, you SHOULD be able to simply put it into your CD Drive
    (tray loading, not a slot, god help us all!) and copy from it to HD,
    then burn a new CD.

    You may have some luck using glue to hold it together, but that's dicey.
    Don't even consider any form of tape - you'll throw it way off balance.

    If all else fails and its a CD Rom install disk for some program, you
    could call the comp's helpline and see if they'd sell you a replacement
    at minimal $$. (Maybe you'd have to send back the damaged disk.)

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Feb 11, 2004
  4. Lord Haw-Haw

    Lord Haw-Haw Guest

    Called the place and a wee bit out of date only the magazine
    i stuffed in the cd /dvd drive and wont pick up lest i got the service pack
    on xp saved this is the tweek xp
    and they reson is eavy time i down load i get cut off so dont do much of it
    any way thanks for the thourts and info i sit and pick my nose and have a
    think Cheers

    Lord Haw-Haw, Feb 11, 2004