cd roms not working

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bang The Book, Dec 14, 2005.

  1. My CD Rom stopped working so I bought a new one. I installed it and
    windows is still not seeing it any ideas?

    Bang The Book, Dec 14, 2005

  2. Bang The Book

    Timmy Guest

    "Bang The Book" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My CD Rom stopped working so I bought a new one. I installed it and
    > windows is still not seeing it any ideas?

    The first thing to check the cables.
    secoundly check the jumper setting on the cd rom.

    if still not then you need to tell us the whole story. what actually happend
    when the cd stpped working etc.

    just a thought

    Tim

    Timmy, Dec 14, 2005

  3. Bang The Book

    Plato Guest

    Bang The Book wrote:

    > My CD Rom stopped working so I bought a new one. I installed it and
    > windows is still not seeing it any ideas?

    Describe exactly how you set the jumbers for it, and what cable you have
    it on.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Dec 15, 2005
  4. Bang The Book

    Ben Myers Guest

    "Bang The Book" <> wrote in message news:...
    > My CD Rom stopped working so I bought a new one. I installed it and
    > windows is still not seeing it any ideas?

    Please repost with more information, including the manufacturer and model
    of the CD-ROM and the operating system in use on the computer in
    question.

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Dec 15, 2005