    reformat my computer. What is the best way to transfer data to another
    computer with Win98SE?

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Jan 15, 2005

  2. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    F1 Guest

    F1, Jan 15, 2005

  3. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am using Win98SE and have two CD-ROMs. One used to show whilst the
    > other did not. Both used to open up to receive the CD but would not
    > read.
    >
    > Driver corruption is showing as Driver missing.
    >
    > Floppy disc drive is also not working. It seems I might have to
    > reformat my computer. What is the best way to transfer data to another
    > computer with Win98SE?

    Either your hardware is b0rken or your registry. If you have a bootable
    win98 start floppy and try to start from that one "with cd support" it only
    uses DOS and you can test the hardware. Same goes (except testing the
    floppy) for your win98 bootable install cd.
    So the best you can try is start from the dos boot floppy you got with your
    windows, chose "CD support" from the boot menu and then try to read from
    the cdrom(s).
    If that works, your registry is to blame and you can come back here.
    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.10-mm1[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

    Walter Mautner, Jan 15, 2005
  4. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Ganesh Guest

    > Floppy disc drive is also not working. It seems I might have to
    > reformat my computer. What is the best way to transfer data to another
    > computer with Win98SE?

    USB: Use external usb hard disk, USB thumb drives, USB cd writer
    IDE: connect another cd writer and burn to cds
    ETHERNET: transfer files to another pc using a network cable
    and if all else fails..
    INTERNET: use msn/ftp to send the files to another person/backup system

    --
    Visit My Website - http://www.bootstrike.com
    "Life's a bìtch when you least expect it

    Ganesh, Jan 15, 2005
  5. Hi,

    I can't because my floppy drive and CD-ROM drive does not work. I can
    download the drivers from web sites if you can help?

    Rajinder

    "F1" <> wrote in message

    > Have you tried reinstalling the IDE drivers and chipset drivers for

    your

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Jan 16, 2005
  6. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I can't because my floppy drive and CD-ROM drive does not work. I can
    > download the drivers from web sites if you can help?

    Do you have a bootfloppy (win98) with "realmode" cdrom drivers, or at least
    a bootable win98 install cd? Just to check if your drives are broken?
    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.10-mm1[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

    Walter Mautner, Jan 16, 2005